• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What do you recommend changing in my audio system?

OP
A

Adriano

Repeat, I don't listen music. Can I ask you why you discarded the Elac Debut b5.2 that I had almost decided to buy? Then... why can't I also use the Yamaha subwoofer I'm fond of with 2 good speakers?

JeremyFife

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Sorry, but I think you didn't read my first post properly and you didn't understand. I don't care about music at all.
My apologies, I read but clearly didn't understand.
If you are just interested in analytical listening then I still think that headphones will give you the best results.

If you want clear dialogue, but from speakers, then I also still think that you can get rid of almost everything. TV is your source?
Then choose a simple passive system ( amp plus speakers) or a simpler active system (just active speakers) and you will be good.

I do not believe that you need a centre speaker unless your amplifier has good avr processing. This just complicates things for you. Simplify and get back to good sound.

OP
A

Adriano

I use NVIDIA SHIELD TV as source and I watch 4K videos.

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sorry, but I think you didn't read my first post properly and you didn't understand. I don't care about music at all.
You have to care about music! You wrote that you edit voices with background music, so it is important that the speakers are good for both, otherwise you won't know whether voice and music mix perfectly.

Telling us the exact brand and model name of all your equipment might help to select what would match best.

Top Bottom