• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Business Opportunity

audiopile

Attended Axpona week ago -definitely worth the time and min effort (Only live 90miles away from the venue.). For some reason I noticed that a lot of system descriptions included whoso cabling they were using. Obviously THRILLING :) to hear a system with $5K IEC powercables and even more expensive RCA patch cords. Something I'd never encountered before. Got me to thinkin' -how 'bout a room dedicated to cabeling -not bothering with hooking them up . One wall could display historic cables : Monster ,Van den Hull , Cobra cable,Kimber ,etc. , Another wall could just be IEC power cables - the more expensive the better . The third wall would display all forms of interconnects : Gold plated TOSlink , CAT-5 and 6 and ? Lan cables, XLR's,RCA patch cords. Anything a audio signal passes thru -again- somewhere between very expensive and jaw dropping prices preferred.
So where's the business opportunity ? Simple - ya charge folks for taking selfies with their "favorite " cables. Say $10 bucks a pic ? Who wouldn't want to have a pic of themselves with a 40 pound -$8K patch cord draped around their neck ?
I am torn between franchising or simply taking a cut of all gross income (20% seems about right to ME). You may ask why would you cut me in ? Simple -it's my idea and - lets face it -one of the main requirements for being involved in the audio cable business is ya gotta have brass b@lls when it comes to pricing . I think 20% for doing nothing should prove my bona fides ?

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
:D :D :D :D

MoreWatts

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Kimber Cable had a static display room at a Los Angeles area audio show I attended >15 years ago. It was a large, lower floor conference room, not a small hotel room. Walls and tables were covered in elaborate displays to showcase their multitude of choices in every possible cable category. I can't remember an audio system playing music in the room. But they must have had one -- right? They did miss out on the $uggested photo opportunity. :facepalm:

Top Bottom