• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

oversky

Oh no, a speaker with gaming lights!!! :)

Just bought one to review....
amirm,

Can you find time to review the Edifier G2000.
A member think it's better than iLoud Mircro Monitor.

Claudius999

KEF E301. They're kinda discontinued, but still available in places. Should fit in a $200-250 budget. And the whole 5.1 set (minus the sub actually) , paired with a monoprice monlith sub can make a kick-ass hifi surround system.

Talisman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Magnat Monitor Supreme 202 Mocca Shelf Speaker - Pair​

$197 pair Amir, so they come in just under the $200 budget, just wondering what they are like. My link shows shipping to Canada, so use a fresh search.

I too would be really curious to see them reviewed.
I own them and subjectively I thought they sounded very neutral and clean. Later my 5.1 system was based on this Magnat series, with the two 1002 towers as the front and these two 202 as the rear. A Magnat tempus center as central.
I paid very little, the result is excellent.

SivKiv

amirm,

Can you find time to review the Edifier G2000.
A member think it's better than iLoud Mircro Monitor.

Woah, really? Those are single drivers that cost a quarter of the price, them being able to match, let alone best the Micro Monitors is surprising.

AlexanderM

I too would be really curious to see them reviewed.
I own them and subjectively I thought they sounded very neutral and clean. Later my 5.1 system was based on this Magnat series, with the two 1002 towers as the front and these two 202 as the rear. A Magnat tempus center as central.
I paid very little, the result is excellent.
I just listened to some Magnats, the smaller towers and center, and am no longer wary of them, I was pleasantly surprised.

André RT

Mackie CR4

Is the wirecutter recommended "computer speaker" and is one of the top amazon results for 'studio monitor' that has yet to be measured, alongside the Edifier R1280T that has been previously requested.
Mackie CR4-X sound ok. Are good to fill small divisions or huge divisions as if they were giant speakers, while tending to disappear in the soundstage. Oh One more thing.
The reason I think they are cheap is the noise floor. They have a faint constant hearable White noise pink noise that is hearable and independent of the source or where they are connected to mains.

Last edited:

SivKiv

I recently came across the review of the mixcubes done by amir, and that got me thinking, how do they compare to the actual speakers that they're supposed to emulate? First one that came to mind is the Edifier R19U's(or the new BT version), but theres probably quite a number out there of similar capability for the same price. These are, if I'm not wrong, at most 50 bucks(before shipping), so they definitely do fit within the "budget" category.

Last edited:

Klonatans

Forum Donor
I'd like to see a review of ESi Unik 8+ monitors. They look like decent competitors of the hugely popular Adam Audio T7V/T8V speakers.

3125b

Major Contributor
I'd like to see a review of ESi Unik 8+ monitors
I had asked the company for measurements a while back and they provided an FR graph - unfortunately I can't find it anymore.
Wasn't that promising. But I too would like to see some more in-depth measurements.

duce

tknx

Given the pretty glowing review of the KRKs I am surprised that more haven’t been reviewed.

I’d like to see a 3” face off. So KRK GoAux 3s

Top Bottom