• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

Vytauts

With my money, no. :) But new speakers constantly come in for testing so it may be in our future.

Nice to hear!
Understand that its not easy in logistics, but what our community can do if want to see more floorstanding reviews in future?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

clarence

Thank you! I decided to send YU and YU4 for now as there's a lack of testing on these products - you can find, at the minimum, frequency response measurements of YU6 on the web. I'll consider YU6 and other speakers when we have more stock available in the new year

I'm happy with my Tuks and Sub8, but I'd really appreciate a review.

peaknik

Actually, it is the HS-7 that I own, not HS-8!
I remember you promised to measure it in the HS5 thread, so was a bit surprised to hear that you bought HS8 :)
Really looking forward to see them measured!

dfuller

Major Contributor
Actually, it is the HS-7 that I own, not HS-8!
I'm interested to see the distortion measurements on these. I found them very hard to listen to for any extended period but they were nearly as good as NS10s for "ruthless exposure of mis-leveled midrange" alts.

pos

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
RCF Ayra Pro Series look very interesting indeed!

They seem to be positioned on the same woofer sizes and prices than the JBL LSR305/6/8, but with distinctive features and comprehensive datasheets.

e509b953-b822-49ad-9644-d8f24548eea4

Last edited:

More Dynamics Please

RCF's claim that the Ayra Pro active studio monitor series is the first in its class to use "low-latency FiRPHASE algorithm" certainly raises interest in independent testing showing how well it works.

pos

Forum Donor
According to this tear-down it is using an ADAU1701, so enough horse power for tons of biquads and enough convolution capabilities to linearize the phase of the crossover. Depending on the sample rate it might even be doing most of its EQ and filtering using convolution.
The phase shift of the high pass of the system is probably left untouched though, for multiple reasons...

Last edited:

bennybbbx

Hi,
Please review Bowers and Wilkins 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
View attachment 102025
I look what this speaker cost because B&W speakers are know as very expensive. this cost only around 370$ and have a 6 inch bass . i also like see a test of this and with step response. if it is good i can buy it and size is good
-6 dB bei 40 Hz und 33 kHz

52 Hz–28 kHz ±3 dB

mdkanakakis

I would suggest dali spektor 1, dali spektor 2 and maybe dali oberon 1. Those are extremely budget speakers in Europe (Last one not so much) and they might be an alternative to some speakers that either don't come in Europe or they come extremely overpriced. Also, do you have a budget alternative to jbl stage a130 to propose? And what's your opinion on the extreme cheap AUDIOPHONICS U-Sabre LTE Asynchronous USB DAC 24bit/96kHz SA9023 / Es9023?
Best regards
Mike

AlphaSound

@amirm Hello. I am very impressed with your measurements on JBL Stage A130. Can you review JBL STAGE A120 (bookshelf speakers), too? It is smaller, and also cheaper than A130, has same design and predicted to have similar responses on measurements. Guys who want to use budget speakers on their desks could have more choices which is tiny and well-designed, and it's almost the smallest passive speaker for sale.

Last edited:

Bear123

@amirm if it hasn't been suggested yet, perhaps the Emotiva center channels would be good candidates for testing. Outside of occasional crazy sale pricing(Infinity), these seem to be the best values going for 3 way center channels:

Emotiva C1+: $249 gets you dual 5.25" woofers, 3" midrange, and Airmotiv ribbon tweeter. Height is often a huge hurdle for living room setups which often rules out 3 way center channels..this one is only 7 3/4" high..the same or lower than many 2 way centers. 89dB rated, 50 Hz extension. Seems like the value leader for a small inexpensive 3 way center.
Emotiva Airmotiv C1+ center channel

Emotiva C2+: $399 has dual 6.5", dual 3" midrange, Airmotiv tweeter, 92 dB(!), ....this is a crazy good deal if it doesn't suck. Surprisingly, it is only 8 5/8" high which would still let it work for many folks that otherwise cannot use a 3 way center.
Emotiva Airmotiv C2+ center channel

If these measure well, they would be the best center channels I am aware of for the price other than the RC263 when on sale.

Top Bottom