• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

What budget speakers you like to see reviewed?

JonCr

I offered one at one point, but honestly I listen to them so much I never got around to giving them up. If you're interested I'd highly recommend buy from Amazon and testing yourself. They're top of class in their price range imo.

Thanks for the feedback - I read your thread on AVS Forum also. I like NHT, so these are on my list for future LCR for my TV.

nolans

Forum Donor
I'd love to see a review of the KRK Rokit 5 G4. They supposedly improved the components and frequency response over the previous generation design found in the Classic and G3 models. Additionally, they include DSP that can be adjusted via a small dial/LCD combo on the back of the speaker and analyzed/corrected via an app. All of this comes in at $350 which is a really interesting price range at which many recently reviewed monitors have been competing (Adam T5V, Kali LP6, JBL 305/306). Due to the fact that KRK has a notorious history of bass-heavy house sound, I don't see anyone taking a serious look at these. That being said, I do see a lot of subjective opinions around YouTube and other places on the internet claiming these compete with or exceed the performance of the aforementioned competitors. I'd love to see some real measurements put those claims to the test. Having adjustable DSP and room correction at your fingertips in that price range would be really compelling for a lot of consumers if the speaker was actually a real competitor. I'd happily donate something for new data like that.

nerdoldnerdith

I have a Focal Dôme Flax set coming my way that I will be using as Atmos/Auro3D speakers. There is one review that shows they measure pretty well, but I would like to see more detailed measurements.

Moonhead

AVI DM5

Attachments

• 20FA0F56-D133-43E7-A046-AED265F4760D.jpeg
    20FA0F56-D133-43E7-A046-AED265F4760D.jpeg
    9.9 KB · Views: 108

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Some link, please.
They don't exist yet. I'm waiting on my shipment of crossover boards, which should be here by the end of the month. This is a mod of the Parts Express BR-1 kit, wherein I throw away the tweeter and crossover and substitute a Morel dome and my own crossover design. It's a "quick kit" that will require a little assembly, so in order to avoid an automatic headless panther, I'll probably send him an assembled pair. Or not. Anyhow, I'll have details on my web page in a week or so.

Weeb Labs

Addicted to Fun and Learning
HiVi-Swans-D300-hifi-Stereo-Active-Bluetooth-5-0-Bookshelf-Speakers-Desktop-Audio-6-5-midwoofer.png

I would be very interested in seeing some of the HIVI (Swan) speakers measured. In particular the D300, D1080, M5A, H6 and H8. There are some excellent value propositions within their offering, in theory.

dfuller

Major Contributor
Not super budget, but Presonus Sceptre S8s would be fascinating to see. Coaxial compression driver/horn type design, apparently the dispersion/directivity performance is like, outstandingly good.
86e6e5bd181e6f49bf6b6abb3d81b3f1-970-80.jpg.webp

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

vlad335

Forum Donor
Gotta second those Adam A5X.

Also, when are we seeing those salons measured :p

Gotta Third request the Adam A5X. i bought the t5V because of the review here and they are awesome with the recommended EQ APO setings. The A5X are better but do need some slight EQ. would love to see the review of these.

Top Bottom