• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vera Audio P400/1000 Review (Amplifier)

Rate this amplifier:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 7 2.8%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 52 20.6%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 193 76.3%

• Total voters

DanielT

Major Contributor
Apologies. When the unit was shipped to the review we had a good number in stock. But we sold more than anticipated in this period and several parts have been delayed. We expect to have units in stock again in 7-8 weeks. The P150/600 RS power amplifier is presently available though.
Björn,

Is it available to listen to Vera Audio P400 / 1000 at any Hifi store in Oslo? I'll be coming to your capital now sometime this spring, I thought. I'm curious about your amplifier.:)

If I had needed of a new good amp, your would definitely have been on my evaluation list. But listening to it would be damn fun, if the opportunity exists, that is.:)

Are there any sensible HiFi stores left in Oslo?

Edit:
Okay Norway is a neighboring country so possibly a bit biased when I praise them now, BUT I actually do not think so. Looks really good in Amir's test, purely objective facts. :)

Last edited:

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Björn,

Is it available to listen to Vera Audio P400 / 1000 at any Hifi store in Oslo? I'll be coming to your capital now sometime this spring, I thought. I'm curious about your amplifier.:)

If I had needed of a new good amp, your would definitely have been on my evaluation list. But listening to it would be damn fun, if the opportunity exists, that is.:)

Are there any sensible HiFi stores left in Oslo?

Edit:
Okay Norway is a neighboring country so possibly a bit biased when I praise them now, BUT I actually do not think so. Looks really good in Amir's test, purely objective facts. :)
Hi Daniel. We don't sell through any retailers/stores at the moment. That would increase the price.
Armand could probably demo it for you but he lives 1 hour and 15 minutes in driving distance from Oslo. Other then that, you would have to listen to it at somebody's home in Oslo. Asking in the Vera Audio thread in the forum below is probably the best bet.

Sensible hifi stores? Does that exist anywhere in the world?

DanielT

Major Contributor
Hi Daniel. We don't sell through any retailers/stores at the moment. That would increase the price.
Armand could probably demo it for you but he lives 1 hour and 15 minutes in driving distance from Oslo. Other then that, you would have to listen to it at somebody's home in Oslo. Asking in the Vera Audio thread in the forum below is probably the best bet.

Thanks for the information!:)

This is probably the case in many countries and it probably has something to do with the fact that it is so easy to order via the internet nowadays. Sales of HiFi / audio in general also affect well.

Attach this link (you as a manufacturer have probably seen it, but others can check out some facts).

But if you have a good product then ... you lagged behind with the production due to greater demand than you expected.:)

Attachments

• shot_2022-03-04_12-17-36.png
    shot_2022-03-04_12-17-36.png
    429.7 KB · Views: 67

Bjorn

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Just wanted to follow up here. Amir measured a difference on channel 1 and 2 with quite a bit of increased distortion on one channel.
We can see that here:

P400 SINAD ASR.jpg

Vera Audio P400 1000 Measurement Power into 4 ohm Stereo Power Amplifier.png

In our measurements before we sent the unit there was only a minnor difference and the channels tracked much better in the THD+N measurements. We measured the unit again when it came back and the result was the same as before we shipped it out. The result can be seen below.

SINAD.jpg

THD+N 8 Ohm.jpg

THD+N 4 Ohm.jpg

Our measurements are conducted with the R&S UPV audio analyzer.

A possibility of the difference migh be related to the alligator clips and the grip. We struggled to get consistent results before we moved to alligator clips with rhodium. After that, the results have always been consistent.

While the difference in Amir's measurements is unlikely to be audible, it's something we thought was worth pointing out as we strain to get the very best the measuring results.

Fleuch

An absolute Wire with Gain Amplifier this. In the Norwegian HIFI community the Vera manufacturers are well known for their technical competence and no nonsense aproach. Nice to see this effort documented at ASR.
Compare and contrast with Hegel.

Top Bottom