• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Understanding Amplifier Measurements (Video)

peng

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Playing music you will rarely produce a power (voltage x current) over a few watts which is measured as an RMS quantity. The peak to RMS ratio is called the crest factor.
The music signal voltage corresponding to peak sound pressure might be 10x (20dB) higher. This is because music is not like the sine waves used in testing which have a 1.4 x crest factor.

You might enjoy this.

I am sure you know that, but still, since this is ASR..., so, for power, I would stick with the term "average", instead of the while popular but incorrect "RMS" term. RMS is of course a correct term, when used for voltage and current.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Which is? I have a DAP I've been thinking about sending for review but...
Generally 4 to 5 weeks. Outliers get tested sooner and sometimes a lot later....

VQR

Generally 4 to 5 weeks. Outliers get tested sooner and sometimes a lot later....
Given how large your backload seems, I figured you'd need 2-3 months. That's pretty great turnaround time given how much content you put out.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Given how large your backload seems, I figured you'd need 2-3 months. That's pretty great turnaround time given how much content you put out.
I can send in either a Hiby R5 or a Fiio M11Plus ESS if anyone's interested in their measurements.

Reactions: VQR
Top Bottom