• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tweeter front plate design

YSDR

Well now, I was about to build something just like this, almost a cheaper DXT mon if you will, but it's good to hear some feedback on the idea. Guess I will pass.
I experimented several popular, highly regarded tweeters before like the famous Scan-Speak D3004/6600 AirCirc for example but I was not happy with any of them (I mean how they sounded in the complete system). Recently I tried that cheap, wg loaded Dayton soft dome and wow, one of the best tweeter that I've ever heard. I would choose this over the soft dome SS AirCirc any day.

Just try to find a cleaner waterfall or sonogram plot above 2 kHz amongst the tweeters on the site below! You won't succeed.
https://www.dibirama.altervista.org...n-audio-nd25fw-4-tweeter-1-4-ohm-40-wmax.html

Last edited:

mv8

Well now, I was about to build something just like this, almost a cheaper DXT mon if you will, but it's good to hear some feedback on the idea. Guess I will pass.
The Dayton tweeter costs about $20, and at that price it's really hard to point out any flaws. If someone wants to build a low-cost project like the DXT-Mon, I can recommend this Tweeter.

I built an even slightly larger monitor, with two Sba midwoofers and the same Dayton. A dozen people listened to the project and were impressed by how such cheap speakers can offer sound at a very decent level.

Attachments

• DSC_3609.JPG
    DSC_3609.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 56
Top Bottom