• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

Oso Polar

I am using the CP100 (XL) and they fit fine and work beautifully.
CP100: "For IEM nozzle diameter from 4.5-5.5mm"
And CP155: "Fits most earphone with soundport nozzle 6 mm ~ 7 mm."
I guess you can force them on but why if you can buy proper fitting ones right away? Unless you already have them, of course.

Jason

CP100: "For IEM nozzle diameter from 4.5-5.5mm"
And CP155: "Fits most earphone with soundport nozzle 6 mm ~ 7 mm."
I guess you can force them on but why if you can buy proper fitting ones right away? Unless you already have them, of course.
Yes, I already had them, and did not require forcing. I have never had any luck with tips <14mm in my ears.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Gif comparison with latest review of 7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM:

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Due to a user request, here's a late GIF comparison between the 2 IEMs:

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM vs Truthear x Crinacle Zero:RED IEM

MacClintock

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It took me a while and multiple iem's over the past couple of years to find something that I liked listening to, i discovered/found that an old Sony XBA-N3 from 2014 (£120 in boxed mint condition from headfi classifieds) is my happy place coupled with an apple dongle so sold my Truthear Zero/Dunu Vulkan/few other iem’s and mojo2/poly

53327429644_858720f17f_b.jpg
The XBA-N3 is pretty close to the Zero:Red with the 10 Ohm adapter:
graph (20).png

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Yeah I noticed that when it was released but I prefer the Zero 2 as the Truthear zero/red is uncomfortable with its fat nozzle

dguillor

Forum Donor
I’m sorry to report that my Truthear Zero IEMs have failed, with greatly reduced volume in the left earpiece. I had them about ten months, but I didn’t use them very many times, probably about ten. I swapped the connections of the cable to the earpieces to determine that the fault is in the left earpiece, not in the cable.

Phorize

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I’m sorry to report that my Truthear Zero IEMs have failed, with greatly reduced volume in the left earpiece. I had them about ten months, but I didn’t use them very many times, probably about ten. I swapped the connections of the cable to the earpieces to determine that the fault is in the left earpiece, not in the cable.
I had a unit do precisely the same thing after a few hours use. Vendor replaced them and they've been fine since.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Absolutely, you'll have an easier fit than som other Spinfits thanks to the flexible stem.
Interesting, since these IEMs have a larger nozzle, outside of the CP100's listed range. Must be a stretch.

I'm thinking of trying the CP100+, CP145, and CP155. Can't get the W1 easily right now.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting, since these IEMs have a larger nozzle, outside of the CP100's listed range. Must be a stretch.

I'm thinking of trying the CP100+, CP145, and CP155. Can't get the W1 easily right now.
The 155 (L for me) work a treat for the nozzle size and also the shape compliments the way the TE sit in the ear (for me it feels like the nozzle/ tip are what keep the shell in place whereas other IEM shapes feel more the other way round)

Oso Polar

The 155 (L for me) work a treat for the nozzle size
Yes, they fit perfectly on the nozzle. For me the problem is that for some reason SpinFit doesn't have CP155 in size XL - and CP155 L is even smaller then M of the original tips.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The 155 (L for me) work a treat for the nozzle size and also the shape compliments the way the TE sit in the ear (for me it feels like the nozzle/ tip are what keep the shell in place whereas other IEM shapes feel more the other way round)
I think the CP155's with their wider bore would reduce bass, no?

I am following Spinfit's suggestion of CP145 and W1 and will see how I get on with them.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the CP155's with their wider bore would reduce bass, no?

I am following Spinfit's suggestion of CP145 and W1 and will see how I get on with them.
Bass levels due to bore size mean little to me if I can't keep a seal in my ears. The 155 are the best I have tried on the Zero for that and overall comfort. And I've tried lots.

I add a small sub bass boost to the Red and works for me.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, they fit perfectly on the nozzle. For me the problem is that for some reason SpinFit doesn't have CP155 in size XL - and CP155 L is even smaller then M of the original tips.
You're right- they dont. Nor for the 145. I take an L in both. Guess they dont cater for XL lug holes. FWIW the 145 L seems more bulbous but just isnt the right tip for me on the TE Zero shape.

bracko

After more than one year with Truthear Zero I can say that the sound they produce is just not my cup of tea. I returned my first pair in exchange for a new one (I thought that something was wrong with my first pair). Nothing changed. The glassy treble is still there, the mids are very thin. I am not sure what it depends on. I have other headphones that in measurements follow the Harman curve. None of them sounds this bad.

Top Bottom