• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

markanini

Major Contributor
Aren't the CP100 one of the smaller bore Spinfit tips? I dont think they will get close without a good chance of splitting the core.
Somehow @Blorg got them on and they measure close to the stock narrow bores, which I prefer the sound of. So I'm giving them a gamble. Nothing really wrong with the stock ones for me, except for the loose fit around the nozzles over time.

staticV3

Master Contributor
do narrow bores have less treble?
The narrow bore tips have slightly more sparkle:
TruthEar Zero Red Tip COmparison 3.jpg
Source

Bacchusoo7

I know this is way late to comment, but I'm going to do it anyways. I bought a pair of these shortly after this review came out. I tried them for about 2 minutes and then set them aside. A few weeks ago, for reasons unimportant here, I needed a wired pair of headphones to work with my iPhone, so I used these. Boy am I glad I did. These things sound great. Spacious, clean, robust (but not inflated) bass. I'm sure pairing it with a lighting/headphone dongle isn't the best way to experience these phones, but they sound better than anything else I've ever plugged into my phone. Amir, thanks for the recommendation!

Cote Dazur

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I received my Truthear Zero Reds yesterday. These are the first IEMs I have ever tried, and boy was I disappointed in finding out that my small ears do not play well with IEMs (or just with the Reds?)
Yesterday? Give it time.
I am thinking of returning them, but maybe I am overlooking something. So, I thought I'd ask whether it is common knowledge that IEMs are just not for some people. Or I am throwing in the towel too soon?
Yes, too soon.
Thanks for all the advice. I tried the technique Robbo99999 referred to, unfortunately it does not work for me.
If I may, I was in your shoes about 12 month ago, new to serious listening with IEM using the original truthear Zero.
It will get better, much better. I remember at the beginning being not able to make them fit properly most of the time, not feeling comfortable, trying the different tips was a pain in the a**, little by little you getter better at everything and all is left is too enjoy is the great SOTA sound those can deliver.
Their are worth every penny, just be patient and accept the efforts necessary to learn a new way to enjoy your music.
No regrets here.

Last edited:

8T_BoCO

I, too, had purchased and only recently got to spend an extended period listening to very familiar recordings on a smartphone. Very, very impressed with the resolution of fine details and accurate frequency response to my ears.

Alexium

It's been almost a year of me listening to Zeros (mostly with the great Topping DX1), and now I'm beginning to wonder: what's next, and are there ANY more expensive headphones that make sense, given how damn good the Zeroes are in every aspect of their sound (after a minor DSP correction)? And by headphones I mean any kind, not just IEMs. I also have Hifiman HE-400 (the original, not 400x, 400s or 400i) and I have no incentive to put them on now. I also used to have Sennheiser HD800, sold them because HE-400 are better.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's been almost a year of me listening to Zeros (mostly with the great Topping DX1), and now I'm beginning to wonder: what's next, and are there ANY more expensive headphones that make sense, given how damn good the Zeroes are in every aspect of their sound (after a minor DSP correction)? And by headphones I mean any kind, not just IEMs. I also have Hifiman HE-400 (the original, not 400x, 400s or 400i) and I have no incentive to put them on now. I also used to have Sennheiser HD800, sold them because HE-400 are better.
I don't think so really. I was mightily impressed with them whilst I tried them out (I don't use IEM's due to wax & not wanting to stuff things in my ears). I'm beginning to think the idea that there's always a better headphone is a bit of a myth.

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You can jump in the Nova hype train with me, there is room for plenty.

t$$

My only problem with the OG Truthear Zero x Crinacle is that the membrane (driver?) glue is not very durable. After a few months of daily use at my desk (no mobile use) the left bud went about 80% quiet. I took out the metal filter and noticed that the plastic membrane had shifted off the stem, I am not 100% if it was like that before I removed the filter or not, tbh. I was able to use an x-acto knife tip to remove the membrane, flip it over, reposition the ring of adhesive to the edges, and stick it back on. As far as I can tell it sounds the same as before, but I can't imagine that the full freq response survived those shenanigans.

I sent a message to Truthear to see if they would replace the phones under warranty and they didn't respond.

Blorg

I sent a message to Truthear to see if they would replace the phones under warranty and they didn't respond.
You probably need to contact who sold them to you, it's the seller that is responsible for fixing/replacing them. This is probably Shenzhen Audio, as they seem to be the exclusive distributor. They replaced my Truthear Hexa under warranty, which had channel imbalance.

lordhumungous

Hifiman better than Hd800 ? Nah

Top Bottom