• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Rate this IEM

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 13 2.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 21 3.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 73 12.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 495 82.2%

• Total voters

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's not a need, it's a want. To plug into the 2.5mm balanced jack on my Onkyo DP-X1 like I have with all my other IEM's.
Fair enough.

vitalii427

Forum Donor
Ok. I've played a bit with my measurement gear to be confident enough in the results. So now I can start to measure all this stack before I giving them to my friends. This is for fun and learning purposes. And I'm glad to hear your questions/corrections/recommendations/etc

Here is my clean and simple measurement setup:
Apple USB-C 3.5 dongle -> Headphones/Mic splitter -> Truthear Zero -> cheap IEC 60318-4 Clone Coupler -> splitter -> Apple USB-C 3.5 dongle

I've bought my coupler here: (75$) https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000918270847.html
CAUTION! This coupler seems to have inverted polarity

P.S. It's actually my wife's desk. Mine isn't look so tidy and I don't want to show it ))

Attachments

• IMG_1980.jpg
    IMG_1980.jpg
    690 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    730.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_1983.jpg
    IMG_1983.jpg
    751.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
@vitalii427 FYI, here's how these clone couplers compare to a genuine GRAS ra0045:
I've seen this in other thread but haven't gone into details yet. Are these 3 clone coupler samples? Were they measured using provided calibration data? Сan you tell a little more about this?

As I see such clone is almost perfect up to 1k. And up to 7k the error is within +/- 1 dB which is pretty good. Am I right? I'm not really interested in absolute values above 7k 'cause I know it's a clutter.

And one of the reasons I got the coupler is to make a proper eq. And check how consistent are different samples of TCZ. And maybe better match left & right earphones

Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
They were measured Raw. The provided Cal file is next to useless.
Hmm. Where can I read more about this? Do you recommend to use it raw?

Here my cal data in Red. Green 1/6 smoothed

Attachments

• Cal.jpg
    Cal.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
I've measured 6 samples from 3 orders from AliExpress (one pair at Sep 17; 2 pairs at Nov 1; 3 pairs at Nov 24) to check how consistent they are.
All the measurements below was done with the same signal level using small silicon tip (with bigger bore) and deep insertion with resonant peak matched at about 9kHz. This way I managed to achieve very good repeatability. For each earphone I've taken average of 3-4 measurements (without reseat) just to smooth run to run variations especially at 20-80 Hz. From my observation this seat gets FR that has less peak at 5kHz that is seen in other measurements. 5kHz peak quite differs with different tips and reseats. Two digits in the graph names is only last two digits of SN so they aren't in order of production. If I'll find some relation between SN range and measurements I'll inform you.

Here's screenshot from REW - it shows not only FR shape but also difference in sensitivity:
rew6.png

Here's all graphs matched at 500 Hz:
grt6.png

So my conclusion is that the difference is a bit bigger than I expected. When all graphs placed on top of each other this looks like the difference is spread almost evenly. But it is not. There's few (out of 12) earphones which is quite far at 200Hz, 2.5kHz and 5kHz. And in some pairs difference between left and right is quite substantial. I'm going to chose pairs which matches better and give to my friends with individual measurements report.

If there's something more I can check for you feel free to ask :cool:

Last edited:

MajoloBama

I've measured 6 samples from 3 orders from AliExpress (one pair at Sep 17; 2 pairs at Nov 1; 3 pairs at Nov 24) to check how consistent they are.
All the measurements below was done with the same signal level using small silicon tip (with bigger bore) and deep insertion with resonant peak moved to about 9kHz. This way I managed to achieve very good repeatability. For each earphone I've taken average of 3-4 measurements (without reseat) just to smooth run to run variations especially at 20-80 Hz. From my observation this seat gets FR that has less peak at 5kHz that is seen in other measurements. 5kHz peak quite differs with different tips and reseats. Two digits in the graph names is only last two digits of SN so they aren't in order of production. If I'll find some relation between SN range and measurements I'll inform you.

Here's screenshot from REW - it shows not only FR shape but also difference in sensitivity:
View attachment 251730

Here's all graphs matched at 500 Hz:
View attachment 251732

So my conclusion is that the difference is a bit bigger than I expected. When all graphs placed on top of each other this looks like the difference is spread almost evenly. But it is not. There's few (out of 12) earphones which is quite far at 200Hz, 2.5kHz and 5kHz. And in some pairs difference between left and right is quite substantial. I'm going to chose pairs which matches better and give to my friends with individual measurements report.

If there's something more I can check for you feel free to ask :cool:
I'd say that is amazingly close…probably measuring diffs.....

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
It's grammatically, semantically and logically incoherent.
Lol, he's been on a roll with that for the last week, at least he's consistent! :p

vitalii427

Forum Donor
I've already matched pairs and can show you extreme example:
Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 8.08.28 PM.png

This picture shows that we all can love or blame shoutyness but it's actually can be quite different between samples

Last edited:

vitalii427

Forum Donor
I'd say that is amazingly close…probably measuring diffs.....
They close, yes. But it's not measuring diffs I assure you. The repeatability of the described method is so excellent that I am myself surprised

Top Bottom