• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TOPPING Audio Interfaces Coming soon!

MCH

Major Contributor
125 euros in Europe are the B-stock Scarletts,normal price is about 200 and the same for Topping inc VAT.
New sold by Amazon.
The b-stock "like new" are a few euros cheaper
172 is the price of the topping vat and shipping included from AliExpress to me in EU.
Screenshot_2023-08-04-20-26-59-08_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpgScreenshot_2023-08-04-20-29-46-51_b5f6883d2c20a96c53babc0b4ac88108.jpgScreenshot_2023-08-04-23-21-18-97_c0dc27f5c07cb0fb3541d6073dfd6932.jpg

Last edited:

BeerBear

The Focusrite 2i2 indeed starts at 119 EUR now. So I'll take back the "easy to compete with" part, lol.
The Topping has slightly better noise&distortion specs, but how many people really care about that, to the point of buying it over an established product that costs less?

But if it had DSP... ;)

creepy crow

Hi guys, I have received the topping e2x2. I was previously a Focusrite solo3 user and I used these sound cards to measure IEMs.

I will try to answer some questions and translate some specs for you guys based on the information I got. This will be done with the help of machine translation, forgive my poor English.

The TRS and XLR ports on the E2X2's combo jacks do not interfere with each other.

The E2X2 supports mic in, line in and inst in. Note that the mic in has an input impedance of only 1k ohms, which may cause FR changes in some cases?

The mic in has THD+N of -110dB (A-weighted).

The line in has an input impedance of 6k ohms, with THD+N of -108dB (A-weighted).
The instrument in is 1M ohms, with THD+N of -108dB (A-weighted).

The S/N and DR of all three are 115dB (A-weighted).

The E2X2's microphone preamp provides 58dB of analog gain and 20dB of digital gain.

It's worth noting that the e2x2 has 6 DAW channels and 2 loopback channels.

Here is the English translation for the output specifications (all measurements A-weighted):
Line Out has 115dB DR, 127dB analog DR at -40dBFS, THD+N of -100dB, S/N of 115dB, max output level of +14dBu, noise floor of 1.8μVrms, output impedance of 100 ohms

Headphone out has THD+N of -100dB, 115dB DR, 132dB analog DR at -40dBFS, S/N of 115dB. At low gain, max output is 0dBu. At high gain, max output is +17dBu. Noise floor is 1μVrms, output impedance is 1 ohm.
Supports direct monitoring, with adjustable mix between DAW and input.

The two Type-C ports on the back, one is for auxiliary power delivery. In fact, you can power it off just one Type-C from your PC. But connecting the auxiliary power provides better performance.

All in all, for me, the e2x2 is perfectly adequate and meets my needs, along with a good pricing (priced at 899rmb during its debut)

creepy crow

The Focusrite 2i2 indeed starts at 119 EUR now. So I'll take back the "easy to compete with" part, lol.
The Topping has slightly better noise&distortion specs, but how many people really care about that, to the point of buying it over an established product that costs less?

But if it had DSP... ;)
Unfortunately, the E2X2 does not have DSP

Toni Mas

Hi guys, I have received the topping e2x2. I was previously a Focusrite solo3 user and I used these sound cards to measure IEMs.

I will try to answer some questions and translate some specs for you guys based on the information I got. This will be done with the help of machine translation, forgive my poor English.

The TRS and XLR ports on the E2X2's combo jacks do not interfere with each other.

The E2X2 supports mic in, line in and inst in. Note that the mic in has an input impedance of only 1k ohms, which may cause FR changes in some cases?

The line in has an input impedance of 6k ohms, with THD+N of -108dB (A-weighted).

The E2X2's microphone preamp provides 58dB of analog gain and 20dB of digital gain.

Here is the English translation for the output specifications (all measurements A-weighted):
Line Out has 115dB DR, 127dB analog DR at -40dBFS, THD+N of -100dB, S/N of 115dB, max output level of +14dBu, noise floor of 1.8μVrms, output impedance of 100 ohms

Headphone out has THD+N of -100dB, 115dB DR, 132dB analog DR at -40dBFS, S/N of 115dB. At low gain, max output is 0dBu. At high gain, max output is +17dBu. Noise floor is 1μVrms, output impedance is 1 ohm.

The two Type-C ports on the back, one is for auxiliary power delivery. In fact, you can power it off just one Type-C from your PC. But connecting the auxiliary power provides better performance.

All in all, for me, the e2x2 is perfectly adequate and meets my needs, along with a good pricing (priced at 899rmb during its debut)
Linux compatibility is my first priority. How about this?

Toni Mas

Class compliance is a vague concept.
I recently bought a Berhinger umc404hd and found out is only half compliant

aswillman

Thank you. Just ordered as I’m after a pretty simple interface for Zoom/Teams plus listening to headphones. My Audient ID24 is fabulous but really beyond what I need.

Dave Zan

I’d like to see a review.
Me too, I planned to wait then buy if the reviews are Ok, but I could buy and have it drop shipped to Amir for review sooner, if there is sufficient interest.
Are other people interested and want a review ASAP?
You can "like" if you like, or just post a reply, if you don't like social media.

David

Last edited:

jcheavymetal

Me too, I planned to wait then buy if the reviews are Ok, but I could buy and have it drop shipped to Amir for review sooner, if there is sufficient interest.
Are other people interested and want a review ASAP?
You can "like" if you like, or just post a reply, if you don't like social media.

David
I'm very interested in this review, but I would guess that Amir probably already have a unit with him waiting for review. I suggest asking him first before you buy it.

Dirk_67

I have already ordered one and it's currently in transit. Hope to have it in my hands soon :)
it would be nice for professional use if it had galvanically isolated usb port (?)
if not you might consider to use one of this "TOPPING HS02 USB2.0 Isolator" -> https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...high-compatibility-low-latency-audio-isolator

any source in Europe right now where to buy it ?
aliexpress sais:
This product can't be shipped to your address.
Select another product or address.

Last edited:
Top Bottom