• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any measurements for Focusrite Clarett+ interfaces out there?

charlielaub

I'm wondering if there are any public and independent measurements posted for a member of the new Clarett+ interface lineup from Focusrite. To date I have only been able to find reviews that are pure descriptive and aimed more for the musician or recording professional, lacking any objective measurements, etc.

I use pro audio interfaces to implement DSP in software on computers so I am always looking out for new options. I would like to compare the performance to the TOPPING DM7 DAC and MOTU Ultralite mk5 interface.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
I use pro audio interfaces to implement DSP in software on computers
I wouldn't worry about basic "sound quality". Usually the biggest issue is noise from the microphone preamp (and sometimes microphone gain) and presumably you're not using that.

Or , you might be concerned with output voltage (which may be published) or the capabilities of the headphone amp (which might need to be independently measured).

OP
C

charlielaub

Look for Julian Krause on YouTube.
Thanks for the tip. I did find this one review on the Clarett+ 2Pre from 2 years ago:

The video does include some measurement results and, while they are not up to the sophistication of ASR reviews, I'll take it at this point.

I'm considering buying a Clarett+ 8Pre, so if anyone has measurements on that unit I would love to know about them.

Top Bottom