• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

This audio cable business is getting out of hand...

Get a hearing test

So i gave the "expensive" cables a listen again and ive changed my mind. The distortions ive "heard" and the seemingly hot sound was not badly designed or botched cables, in fact they are more open and because theyre like 6 times shorter, the signal is stronger? Sounds less mushed and muted.
Plugged them and ignored any "changes". Then plugged cheapo cables back in 2 days later and they sound like garbage and the difference is much more apparent than when i swapped the 20 dollar cables with 2 dollar. So i've come to realize that its more in the brain and that objective test is impossible without using said product for long enough time for everything to settle in your brain. Without giving it a few days its pointless to do a b because the differences will be small if not inaudible and in my case i thought the now clearly better cable sounded worse. Because i was used to the other sound signature and the change mustve been aggravating perhaps subconsciously.

izeek

Hello, thanks for this thread, i bought a canare RCA from world's best cable and it is well made. Is there somebody that could advice me about a Jack 3.5 to RCA that is similar in term of quality please?

And i need speaker cables too. I was going for blue jeans, but i am in europe and the shipping cost is way too much (about 60$) Do you know something else? I don't need fancy thing, just a good cable well protected. I can buy everywhere, on amazon, or even on aliexpress which offer free shipping.
I think that i need a 16 AWG but i am not sure:
Two big front (4-8ohms ;150 nominal-240 max. They might pick near 2-3 ohms). They are both at less than 9 fts from the amp.
I have a center speaker (8 ohms), and two little 6 ohms satellite speakers at about 27 fts from the amp. (Yes far away from the "all speakers should be the same"!).
Am i right about the 16 AWG for everything please?
dunno if its similar but ive had great success with a UGREEN 3.5-rca 15ft cord from amazon(youll really want that much. i have 6ft cable as well and cannot hear any difference between the two after 2 weeks of listening). and 13.99.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
So i've come to realize that its more in the brain and that objective test is impossible without using said product for long enough time for everything to settle in your brain. Without giving it a few days its pointless to do a b because the differences will be small if not inaudible and in my case i thought the now clearly better cable sounded worse. Because i was used to the other sound signature and the change mustve been aggravating perhaps subconsciously.

I don't think it's that simple. You can't make an A/B test more objective by counting on the original expectation bias to fizzle out. There's still a high risk of a new expectation having taken its place.

If none of the two cables have an oddball impedance, for instance because of faulty soldering or an "audiophile" design choice that makes it act more as a filter than a cable, then there's no reason why any of them should have a so called 'sound signature' :)

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Now now... Wagner’s not nearly as bad as he sounds.
I meant 18 hours is enough to get through the ring cycle once, I’m actually a big Wagnerite.

welsh

Passive guitars have mega ohm output impedance, thats why small cable capacitance makes a difference. This is not the case with audio devices. The most important thing with guitar cables is there durability.
It’s weird that, back when I believed that audio cables made a difference, I never considered that my guitar cables could!

Billy Budapest

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This where I buy all my cables, good quality and no non sense about burning

https://www.markertek.com/product/m...neglex-quad-rca-male-to-rca-male-black-3-foot
My main concern with cables is longevity and durability. If the cable comes from one of the pro brands (Mogami, Canare, Belden, Gotham, Klotz, Vandamme, Van Den Hul, etc.) and is marketed as microphone cable, that satisfies me. As far as RCA connectors, I do have a preference—Switchcraft 3502A. Not only are they beautiful, but they are pretty cheap and you could run over them with a dump truck without damaging them.

SimpleTheater

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

3dbinCanada

Cables, cable burn in and cable lifters, the biggest fraud in the audio industry period!!!

izeek

Just scrolling and came up on this power cable. No pic. I'm having a hard time posting them. Operator headspace for sure.

BLE Design 10mm - 16mm Hi-End Platinum Plated Audiophile Audio Mains Power Cable
Here's your chance to own our top of the line Platinum Plated 5N OFC (99.999%) pure Hi-end power cable.
This power cable comes loaded with premium parts so you can have the ultimate maximum power on demand.
These are Platinum Plated connectors onto 10,12, or 14 AWG power cables for your most demanding HiFi audio equipment.
Audiophiles know that cleaning up their AC supplies can yield a cornucopia of sonic benefits, including a quieter background,
better retrieval of detail, and a subjectively wider dynamic range.
Scientific studies have proven that Platinum connections provide the cleanest power signal possible.
When using BLE Design Platinum Plated cables, you will have the lowest noise floor of any power cables currently on the market!

Musical images will take on a rounder, shinier, more three-dimensional quality.
No need to spend hundreds of dollars on the competition name brand when you can get even better quality right here for over 65% less!
True high fidelity from this cable is transparent and flawless, background sound is clean and quite.
Sit back, relax and enjoy a general cleaning-up and brightening of the top end, with faster, more assertive attacks and longer, lovelier decays.
Mid frequency is sweet, thick and juicy, where both ends of the extension is amazing.
The sound is accurately detailed, smooth and vibrant! Almost as if you can hear the person inhale between notes.
Nothing but clear, precise, natural, and true sound will come from a cable of this caliber.
I've received feedback from customers who were astounded by an immediate improvement in detail, separation of voices and instruments,
soundstage width and depth, and most especially by a huge increase in bass articulation.
Sudden musical synergy—as if by magic!
Give your high end audio the one missing piece it's been missing and sit back and enjoy recordings the way artist intended!
Specifications:
  • 100% brand new and very high quality
  • 5N Oxygen Free Copper (99.999%) ConductorsNo stamped brass parts
  • Excellent power delivery
  • Lower noise floor
  • Hi-end performance for components equipped with IEC power connections
  • Cable Overall diameter - 10mm (14ga.) 12mm (12ga.) 16mm (10ga.)
  • Conductors size - 10, 12, and 14 AWG
  • Cable length - 1.5, 3, and 6 Feet
  • Volts/Amps - 100V-250V (15A)
  • IEC Plug C-037 + Power Plug P-037
  • Pure Platinum Plated Copper Poles
  • Premium Techflex Tight Weave Braided Sleeving
  • UL Flexible Cord - UL Subject 62
  • CSA Flexible Cord - C22.2-49
  • MSHA Approved
  • RoHS Compliant
These high quality AC power cable handles high current, reduces noise and enhances an
entire audio system with wider dynamics, improved rhythm and overall gains beyond expectation.
A perfect match for a amplifier, cd player, audio decoder, dvd player, or any Hifi component.
These same Platinum Plated power connectors sell for over $25.00 each in Hi-end Electronics stores!
Now is your chance to get our premium top of line High-end power cable for less.
Our power cables can be made in any length you want, just send your request.
Power cables come with a 5 year warranty on parts and labor!
Click here to see my other items for sale
SHIPPING
  • Items are shipped once payment clears
  • Generally, delivery time is 1-3 business days in the US
  • We only ship to the PayPal address that's on file
  • We also ship worldwide
PAYMENT
  • We accept PayPal only
  • Payment must be received within 5 days of auction closing
  • International buyers, the price does not include import duties and taxes
  • These charges are the buyer's responsibility
REFUND & RETURNS POLICY
  • If you're not 100% satisfied with your item, you may return it within 30 days
  • Returned items should include the original packaging and all accessories
  • Shipping and handling fees are non refundable
FEEDBACK & CONTACT US
  • Our aim is to provide the best customer service
  • We are more than happy to resolve any issue and make things right
  • Feel free to contact us at anytime you may need assistance with anything
  • Please allows us an opportunity to correct any problem before leaving negative or neutral feedback.
roversync
Casual reading will note this cable is transparent and clean-sounding in one paragraph but offer a HUGE increase in bass articulation in another.
Guess they're covering all customers.

Top Bottom