• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

olieb

Consider we know he it actively contracting @amirm & Erin, he could be charged with a class A misdemeanor. In Utah that can get you up to 364 days in jail and a $2500 fine!
Ok, but is an email where some loon demands that the world has to be upside down a harassment in the legal sense?
Because this is how these emails seem to read. They do not contain outright insults, or do they?

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
After 105 pages this is what we know:

The Lore Mini does not have a flat frequency response. Take note that this is not unusual in the hi-fi speaker business.

Eric threatened to sue Erin. People threaten to sue all the time, however this turned into a public relations disaster because Erin is popular and there is no obvious basis for a lawsuit.

Eric in his efforts to cure the situation has managed to make the public relations disaster worse.

Several ASR members are attributing all sorts of neurotic behavior to Eric. Some of these behaviors are extremely common among successful people.

DLS79

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Ok, but is an email where some loon demands that the world has to be upside down a harassment in the legal sense?
Because this is how these emails seem to read. They do not contain outright insults, or do they?

I'm not a lawyer, but the the law is pretty clearly written imo. If I ask someone to stop contacting me and they don't then they run the risk of getting charged with digital harassment! The contents of the emails is almost irrelevant, but keep in mined Eric did threaten litigation.

(2) Except to the extent the person's conduct constitutes an offense under Section 76-9-203, a person is guilty of electronic communication harassment and subject to prosecution in the jurisdiction where the communication originated or was received if with intent to intimidate, abuse, threaten, harass, frighten, or disrupt the electronic communications of another, the person:
(a)
(i) makes repeated contact by means of electronic communications, regardless of whether a conversation ensues; or
(ii) after the recipient has requested or informed the person not to contact the recipient, and the person repeatedly or continuously:
(A) contacts the electronic communication device of the recipient; or
(B) causes an electronic communication device of the recipient to ring or to receive other notification of attempted contact by means of electronic communication;
(b) makes contact by means of electronic communication and insults, taunts, or challenges the recipient of the communication or any person at the receiving location in a manner likely to provoke a violent or disorderly response;
(c) makes contact by means of electronic communication and threatens to inflict injury, physical harm, or damage to any person or the property of any person; or
(d) causes disruption, jamming, or overload of an electronic communication system through excessive message traffic or other means utilizing an electronic communication device.

(3) A person is guilty of electronic communication harassment if the person:
(a) electronically publishes, posts, or otherwise discloses personal identifying information of another individual in a public online site or forum with the intent to abuse, threaten, or disrupt the other individual's electronic communication and without the other individual's permission; or
(b) sends a communication by electronic mail, instant message, or other similar means, if:
(i) the communication references personal identifying information of another individual;
(ii) the person sends the communication:
(A) without the individual's consent; and
(B) with the intent to cause a recipient of the communication to reasonably believe that the individual authorized or sent the communication; and
(iii) with the intent to:
(A) cause an individual physical, emotional, or economic injury or damage; or
(B) defraud an individual.

Perhaps one of the forum members that are a Lawyer can chime in with a professional reading of the law!

DanielT

Major Contributor
I originally liked this comment, because this parody is pretty funny, then I realized some people may take offense to it and it walks the fine line of being a political statement.

I don't think it's in our best interest here to upset anyone who would take offense to a political parody.
Sorry, I didn't think of that but you're right.

ScofieldKid

The lores are different than the mini lores, different drivers and cabinet, the woofer was still made by eminence but not the alpha, also tweeter, either default or upgrade was a Seas. some models had a cap upgrade option. It would seem that independent reviewers receiving build to order models need to validate what parts they have, if received from 3rd parties? Not a Tekton specific issue, but just a good procedure for products that have upgrade options?
Well, the older design, apparently was a Eminence+Vifa. I guess this is beside the point of the thread, but anyway...
Point is moot if this is all different stuff now.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
So Eric expects Amir to remeasure the speakers for a difference of about 1dB in the low end, that's what Erin found, while he himself isn't probably even capable of measuring the low end of his speakers with that accuracy and isn't even convinced measurements are that important. Strange to say the least.

Edit. For the legal archive ;-) Erin's measurements with and without the feet:

View attachment 364125
That difference may be measurement repeatability rather than an effect of stopping the "supersonic" airflow. I doubt they've done a gauge R&R on their setups and acoustical measurements can vary quite a bit with minor changes in temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and mechanical setup.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That difference may be measurement repeatability rather than an effect of stopping the "supersonic" airflow. I doubt they've done a gauge R&R on their setups and acoustical measurements can vary quite a bit with minor changes in temperature, humidity, barometric pressure, and mechanical setup.
I can't get over that supersonic airflow thing. It would be insanely loud if that were happening... the fact that he thought he was listening to supersonic air leaks and mocked Amir / Erin for not realizing it... just too much.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
@amirm - Would you consider measuring and publishing a review for another model in the Tekton lineup? I’d be interested to see how a version with the tweeter array measures.
Sure.

DLS79

Forum Donor
On the double impact se product page it claims:
The Double Impact is our best-selling model,

The double impacts have the tweeter array thing, and the product description makes what i think is a very very unlikely claim.

• Ultra-linear frequency response with ±1dB deviation from 70Hz-20kHz

Danny23

I wouldn't mind leading the effort of starting a GoFundMe to order a pair of Tekton and then ship it to Amir. After the measurements, Amir can hold on to those speakers indefinitely, in case there are any false accusations of "botched" measurements.
That was actually what I had in mind when I asked Amir if he was up for it. There’s no better way to deal with this than to just post more objective data.

Maybe after testing them, we could pull some drivers and get some pics of the insides, just so we know what we’re dealing with.

If you’re up for putting up a GoFundme, I’ll donate.

Duke

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
On the double impact se product page it claims:

The double impacts have the tweeter array thing, and the product description makes what i think is a very very unlikely claim.

Check with @amirm about the weight before you commit to a purchase. The Double Impacts are 118 pounds, and that's a lot of weight to hoist up onto the Klippel's stand.

DLS79

Forum Donor
Check with @amirm about the weight before you commit to a purchase. The Double Impacts are 118 pounds, and that's a lot of weight to hoist up onto the Klippel's stand.

@amirm will correct me if I'm wrong but I assume he has the crane.

If I'm reading this right, Klippel says no more than 5kg on the platform, and up to 500 kg using the platform and crane.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am not sure reviewing more of his speakers is a great idea.

From what I have seen, they tend to measure okay on-axis, at least. Let's not forget nobody really said these are horrible-sounding speakers.

So if Amir reviews another one, what is likely to happen - the review makes the speaker look good in certain ways, and might even help Tekton's sales.

At the same time, it will just cause Eric to threaten / complain / badger more, regardless of what the measurements show.

Likewise, no matter what Amir's subjective review of the speaker is, people will tend to interpret it badly. If he says something good, people might think Eric intimidated him. If he says something bad, they'll assume it's because of the bad blood between them and Amir is failing to be objective.

So reviewing more of his speakers will just cause trouble for Amir / ASR, and it might just be rewarding bad behavior, which is something I personally try not to do.

Top Bottom