• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 280 58.8%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 174 36.6%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

DanielT

Major Contributor
The only thing i can see is a person that digs him deeper and deeper into the sh**. That picture could be seen from the begining but it gets more clear and sharp from post to post. At least thats my impression from all this. The sad part is this all had not to go that way.
Narcissism in combination with never admitting any faults, always blaming others for one's own faults and shortcomings is not an appealing personality cocktail. But EA probably has his MTGA (Make Tekton Great Again) followers who blindly believe what he says.

Buckchester

It's hard for ASR audience to believe this. But, you be shock that there are boutique speaker manufacturers who make speakers with no measurements and all by ear. I personally know of at least two, one of them is started by a former cabinet maker who is an audiophile and have very little knowledge of how speaker even works, I think he eventually shut down.
Totem.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's funny how at ASR, the exact opposite of what Eric does happens: he deletes any kind of comments from "the other side", while here, anything he says and does is shared and discussed freely. That should already tell you all you need to know :rolleyes:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Narcissism in combination with never admitting any faults, always blaming others for one's own faults and shortcomings is not an appealing personality cocktail. But EA probably has his MTGA (Make Tekton Great Again) followers who blindly believe what he says.

Hehe looks like there are not that much followers in the science department. ;)

TimVG

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
He has removed all of Amir's responses on his Tekton facebook page. Edit: they appear to be back up - either my two devices erred on me, or something else is going on.
Meanwhile he's still refusing to bring out any data of his own or his methodology. It's arguing with a child.

1713270834648.png

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
He has removed all of Amir's responses on his Tekton facebook page. Meanwhile he's still refusing to bring out any data of his own or his methodology. It's arguing with a child.

View attachment 364086
So what's up with the promise to publish measurements of every speaker model? I guess that was yet another lie?

olieb

Meanwhile he's still refusing to bring out any data of his own or his methodology.
I did not expect otherwise. They cannot publish anything of that sort. Maybe they still have nothing, or - more probable - it is utterly insufficient and unusable for anything meaningful.
After all we have measurements from the probably best device for that already. What do they have? Their new Umik?
EDIT: To be clear, I like my Umik!

Last edited:

teched58

Washington State residents can obtain an Antiharassment Protection Order (AHPO) as follows:

"To protect against unwanted contact or behavior that causes substantial emotional distress and serves no legitimate or lawful purpose. The contact could be a pattern of behavior that occurs over time, or a single act or threat of violence. The contact must be directed specifically at the protected person and be seriously alarming, annoying, harassing, or detrimental. "

pdf: https://www.courts.wa.gov/forms/documents/PO Brochure_2023_01.pdf

Also see: https://kingcounty.gov/en/legacy/courts/district-court/protection-orders

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Try it again. I see it. I saw it about an hour ago and trying it now, I see it, too. You're going here, correct? : facebook.com / Tektondesign

Yes, that's where I went - still seeing "content not available." I also tried accessing it via Google - searching for "tekton design facebook" - a I got multiple search hits, for different countries/languages of Facebook, and all of them gave me the same "content not available" pages, in various languages.

I also went to my Facebook activity log, comments section - and it shows notices of all the comments I've posted in threads on Tekton's page, but unlike with normal comments, I cannot see a summary of my comment, and I cannot click on any link to get to my comment in the actual thread.

I think what's happened is that @Eric Alexander (or whomever he has running the Tekton page) has blocked me from the page - and I would assume he's blocked multiple people who have posted critical comments on the page. I wonder if that includes @amirm ?

(EDIT: @kschmit2 - I'm sure you are correct; I was typing this comment while you posted your comment just above.)

Danny23

He has removed all of Amir's responses on his Tekton facebook page. Edit: they appear to be back up - either my two devices erred on me, or something else is going on.
Meanwhile he's still refusing to bring out any data of his own or his methodology. It's arguing with a child.

View attachment 364086
He deleted a TON of comments overnight. He deleted mine, but I haven’t been blocked. I remember most of the comments, and it appears he has deleted any comments that don’t make Tekton look good. There are a few negative comments still up, but if they have replies from his customers that appear to make Tekton look good. Otherwise, there have been entire threads of comments deleted.

markus

Addicted to Fun and Learning

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I can still see it when not logged in, including the seemingly fake "testimonial" from Professor Edgar Choueiri:

Oh, great tip - thanks!

I just went to the Tekton FB page in another browser where I'm not logged in and saw the post that @Darthprater has just posted a screenshot of above. I would hope he hasn not posted this and also blocked Amir - but even if he hasn't blocked Amir, it's incredibly scummy of @Eric Alexander to post this after having blocked seemingly everyone who might conceivably chime in to agree with something Amir might say on that FB page. Artificially isolating Amir's point of view by blocking folks is arguably even worse than just blocking Amir, because it creates such a false impression of reality.

@amirm , of course do what you feel is best for you. But IMHO you've clearly got plenty of material now for your own legal action if you were so inclined.

ampguy

Ah, looks quite different from the one I remember. See for example: https://www.avsforum.com/threads/tekton-lore-owners.1465726/page-8
The lores are different than the mini lores, different drivers and cabinet, the woofer was still made by eminence but not the alpha, also tweeter, either default or upgrade was a Seas. some models had a cap upgrade option. It would seem that independent reviewers receiving build to order models need to validate what parts they have, if received from 3rd parties? Not a Tekton specific issue, but just a good procedure for products that have upgrade options?

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If you think Amir can’t be subjective as well as objective one only needs to look at his review of the Wilson Audio TuneTot.

He caught a lot of flack for that one. IKEA speaker review also comes to mind.

Top Bottom