• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 282 58.9%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 175 36.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.5%

• Total voters

reikoshea

I'd love to see one of you [this is an invitation] actually construct a healthy dialog that leads to a productive outcome. Again, here's my side of things...

Amir Majidimehr of Audio Science Review published flawed measurements placing my work and abilities in a false light.

The FACTS are Amir Majidimehr refuses to suspend or modify his unsolicited review of my work as of April 10th, 2024. Amir measured our loudspeaker from the wrong angle and he published a flawed frequency response and step response. The correct listening axis for this loudspeaker is directly on-axis [an entirely different angle] with the 8” woofer. The result is a much better frequency response than Amir is publicly conveying and an ideal step response; a step response that reflects the speaker is ‘time-aligned’. Amir's impedance measurement is also flawed and reflects the supplied feet were not used and with no provisions to plug four 1/4 - 20 threaded inserts resulting in him publishing a flawed impedance measurement, flawed distortion measurements, flawed cumulative spectral decay, and lowered bass output in the frequency response measurements due to internal cabinet pressure losses.

Amir’s picture of the Mini Lore reflects the speaker in the air (6 inches off the ground) with no feet being used to maintain proper internal cabinet pressure. His picture also reflects a sun bleached woofer calling into question just how old this speaker might be. The Mini Lore has been in production for 15 years and the speaker he’s using looks visually compromised.

Amir Majidimehr's fumbled measurements caused him to draw conclusions that produced false narratives regarding our loudspeakers performance and my work.

The Mini Lore has a solid cabinet containing internal bracing within; when you see a resonance that big at 180Hz there’s only one logical explanation… there must be a hole or a hidden cavity in the cabinet. Amir failed to discern this. Amir failed to plug the threaded inserts in the bottom of the cabinet and the result cast a negative light on the speaker. Why do we use threaded inserts with a hole through the cabinet? To make it more versatile for isolation feet and outriggers and to allow for the speaker to be perfectly leveled.

In my opinion, Amir Majidimehr should have been more amiable to suspending or modifying his review when I informed him weeks back there were problems.

I feel blindsided by Amir Majidimehr. I believe he owes me a personal and a public apology. I believe Amir Majidimehr should be doing everything in his power to rectify this problem.

Respectfully,
Eric Alexander
Audio Designer
President
Tekton Design, LLC
Here's constructive dialogue for you:

The time you've spent here in this forum, could have easily been spent sending Amir new speakers and the appropriate feet for them. The shipping costs, both ways, would have cost less than the time you've spent here and any money you may/may not have spent on legal council. As the president of your company and an audio designer, I'm assuming you make AT LEAST as much money as I do, and as such, you've wasted literally hundreds of dollars ruining your reputation with the readers of ASR and watchers of EAC.

Had you just invested that same money into shipping Amir a new set of speakers for testing, you would have ended up in a better situation than you're in now. You'd have converted new fans because you'd have produced a quality product, and you wouldn't lose consumers by resorting to legal threats when objective reviews don't show your product in a way that you feel is representative.

At the end of the day, data is data. Amir's data is the only objective data we have on the M-Lore, we still don't have yours. You haven't sent Amir a different sample to update his measurements with. And finally, we have the data that when someone says something about your product, whether subjective or objective, you resort to legal threats. I don't know about you, but a manufacturer that habitually resorts to legal threats with public figures would make me leery of doing business with them, because if that's how they act with public figures, how are they going to treat their customers behind closed doors?

So, if you ACTUALLY wanted a constructive dialogue, and not to just play the martyr, there's constructive feedback for you.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Just as a side technical note: impedance plots are usually shown as separate magnitude and phase plots. If instead they are graphed on the complex plane (e.g., a Nyquist plot), the effects of any leakage or unwanted holes can be much more easily seen IF they are significant. They appear as little loops. If anyone has the time to take the Klippel impedance data and plot it that way, we can all see if the claim of the effect of the foot-holes is actually valid.

Reverend Slim

8mb5tq.jpg

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
@Eric Alexander is there a good reason to drill holes all the way thru your cabinet? It has caused issues according to you on at least two instances. If you don't have an answer free tip: quit making them that way. You can get inserts to plug the holes so whether anything is screwed into them or not it won't effect the speaker.

Free tip #2: if someone does a review like this try and get them to redo it rather than going ballistic with legal threats and claims of incompetence. Right now it is clear you are incompetent at public relations and maybe not so great at speaker design. In my opinion, clearly incompetent in speaker manufacturing as you put those holes for feet thru to the interior of the cabinet.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's constructive dialogue for you:

The time you've spent here in this forum, could have easily been spent sending Amir new speakers and the appropriate feet for them. The shipping costs, both ways, would have cost less than the time you've spent here and any money you may/may not have spent on legal council. As the president of your company and an audio designer, I'm assuming you make AT LEAST as much money as I do, and as such, you've wasted literally hundreds of dollars ruining your reputation with the readers of ASR and watchers of EAC.

Had you just invested that same money into shipping Amir a new set of speakers for testing, you would have ended up in a better situation than you're in now. You'd have converted new fans because you'd have produced a quality product, and you wouldn't lose consumers by resorting to legal threats when objective reviews don't show your product in a way that you feel is representative.

At the end of the day, data is data. Amir's data is the only objective data we have on the M-Lore, we still don't have yours. You haven't sent Amir a different sample to update his measurements with. And finally, we have the data that when someone says something about your product, whether subjective or objective, you resort to legal threats. I don't know about you, but a manufacturer that habitually resorts to legal threats with public figures would make me leery of doing business with them, because if that's how they act with public figures, how are they going to treat their customers behind closed doors?

So, if you ACTUALLY wanted a constructive dialogue, and not to just play the martyr, there's constructive feedback for you.
Stop making sense, leave Eric alone :facepalm:;)

Oh, and welcome! It’s incredible how many new members we gained due to this scandal alone :oops:

Roland68

Major Contributor
When I first read that without my glasses I thought it said 'armed' rather than 'named.'

That makes a lot more sense now.
You know that our brain itself fills in what is missing when we read. Subconsciously there will be a reason for it...;)

Shindo_Joe

I know a manufacturer that just digged his own grave...Good luck selling his products or his company...@Eric Alexander Welcome to the reputitional risk era...I'm Erin or Amir and I'd put that litigation paper in the garbage and tell you...Bring it th F on.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
(emphasis mine) Presuming the product measured well, you mean. I have a feeling that may be an issue.

Axo1989

Major Contributor
Secondly, I don’t like the fact that I know Amir has a last name. I prefer to think of him as a one named guy like Sting, Slash, Pele, Cher, The Rock (okay that’s two names), etc. However this situation resolved itself, I will continue thinking of Amir as a one name person. That’s the only thing to which I’m certain.

I always thought Mr Majidimehr sounded pretty cool tbh. More typing though.

Last edited:
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I have to run and will be out for most of the day. Eric emailed me the post here before I had read the thread. Here was my quick response before running out but I see some of you have already made the same points. :)

--------

Where did you post this and where are the measurements to back the impact of things you talk about below? You have had 6 months to produce this data, not claims. You refused until today to say something. I have long returned the speaker so have no way of re-testing. You could have offered a replacement sample with measurements long time ago showing these issues as your peer audio companies have done. You have done neither and instead, keep threatening me with legal action. You seem to think that legal threats are the way to solve technical differences.

Furthermore, you stated in your very first post in the review that you customers don’t care about my measurements and review criteria. That you know them better than I. So none of what you say below about my review should have impacted your business. In that post, you did not say a word about any mistakes in the review.

Now, a month later you say there are issues? Issues that you brough on to yourself by drilling holes all the way through the speaker which nobody does? And with no note in the product description or back of the speaker saying they are necessary? Do you know how many of your customers are actually using said feet?

If the feet are necessary, how come in Steve Guttenberg review of your speaker they too are “up in the air” with no feet? You approved of that review.

Anyway, I hope your video has proper, anechoic, CEA-2034 compliant data with and without said screw holes. No gated measurement is going to have sufficient resolution to show issues around 180 Hz. This is indeed why many manufacturers miss these resonances. They don’t do anechoic measurements and don’t understand the underlying signal processing the relationship between time and frequency domain (Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle).

Finally, the picture of the speaker you saw was for listening. It was a cell phone picture. Not how the speaker was measured which was on a Klippel Near-field Scanner.

Amir

HeadDoc12

Forum Donor
Stop making sense, leave Eric alone :facepalm:;)

Oh, and welcome! It’s incredible how many new members we gained due to this scandal alone :oops:
I've been a member for a few years, but (regrettably) was a freeloader. Not anymore. As of today, I am a grateful and proud contributor to ASR! I love this site, and am genuinely impressed and excited by the strength of the community when it counts.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master — that’s all."

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

I think that about sums up Eric's approach here.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
I've been a member for a few years, but (regrettably) was a freeloader. Not anymore. As of today, I am a grateful and proud contributor to ASR! I love this site, and am genuinely impressed and excited by the strength of the community when it counts.
@HeadDoc12 Welcome to the ASR Donor Nation. Thanks for the support Sir. :cool:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

"The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master — that’s all."

― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

I think that about sums up Eric's approach here.
Very postmodern :p

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have to run and will be out for most of the day. Eric emailed me the post here before I had read the thread. Here was my quick response before running out but I see some of you have already made the same points. :)

--------

Where did you post this and where are the measurements to back the impact of things you talk about below? You have had 6 months to produce this data, not claims. You refused until today to say something. I have long returned the speaker so have no way of re-testing. You could have offered a replacement sample with measurements long time ago showing these issues as your peer audio companies have done. You have done neither and instead, keep threatening me with legal action. You seem to think that legal threats are the way to solve technical differences.

Furthermore, you stated in your very first post in the review that you customers don’t care about my measurements and review criteria. That you know them better than I. So none of what you say below about my review should have impacted your business. In that post, you did not say a word about any mistakes in the review.

Now, a month later you say there are issues? Issues that you brough on to yourself by drilling holes all the way through the speaker which nobody does? And with no note in the product description or back of the speaker saying they are necessary? Do you know how many of your customers are actually using said feet?

If the feet are necessary, how come in Steve Guttenberg review of your speaker they too are “up in the air” with no feet? You approved of that review.

Anyway, I hope your video has proper, anechoic, CEA-2034 compliant data with and without said screw holes. No gated measurement is going to have sufficient resolution to show issues around 180 Hz. This is indeed why many manufacturers miss these resonances. They don’t do anechoic measurements and don’t understand the underlying signal processing the relationship between time and frequency domain (Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle).

Finally, the picture of the speaker you saw was for listening. It was a cell phone picture. Not how the speaker was measured which was on a Klippel Near-field Scanner.

Amir

giphy.gif

Top Bottom