• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 285 59.0%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 176 36.4%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 7 1.4%

• Total voters

rynberg

Forum Donor
Most boring youtube review I've seen. And these aren't the mini lores, they are some other Tektons. Why wouldn't 4 1/4 x 20 or larger holes cause resonance? If Erin is an Aerospace engineer, how can ne not get that? Later, going to go listen to my Mini Lores. May turn them upside down and backwards. (BTW, I have the 4 spiked 1/4x20 feet on my Mini Lores) and listen to them off axis, toed way out
So boring you apparently missed the part where the feet in place didn't affect the resonance and had barely any effect on frequency response...good grief.

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Room 328 is going to be for AXPONA what Room 237 was to The Shining/Stanley Kubrick
Tekton fans who haven't been online this week showing up to Room 328:

giphy.gif

Gwreck

Only someone that is a total zero at acoustical physics would fail to notice the interruption of first reflections when a fly is on the wall. I feel like this fly is casting me in a false light. Call my attorney so I can litigate it!
Maybe call an exterminator 1st?

ampguy

If someone started a Gofundme thing (or whatever they are called) to buy a different model of Tektons for Amir to review, I would happily contribute
Im thinking of designing a speaker with a single tweeter, with 24 woofers circling the tweeter. I’m in the process of assembling the dream team of litigators first …

Danny23

To be clear, I’m not trying to instigate anything. I had no clue Erin was planning to attend. I do plan to swing by room 328 to have a listen. If Eric is there, I will request a no-foot-installed, A-B, and we’ll see what happens to my ears, subjectively. Other than that, I do not plan to stir the pot further.

Gwreck

It would be great if that room was treated like the plague, not one visitor, no engagement at all.
I think that many people should order their speakers and make sure to use their liberal return policy liberally.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I think that many people should order their speakers and make sure to use their liberal return policy liberally.
He has thought of that. From his FAQ: "Because our manufacturing process begins shortly after an order is made, we charge a 15% cancellation fee to process refunds."

That's even before they ship the speaker to you! I can't find anything on people's ability return a speaker.

tmtomh

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Most boring youtube review I've seen. And these aren't the mini lores, they are some other Tektons. Why wouldn't 4 1/4 x 20 or larger holes cause resonance? If Erin is an Aerospace engineer, how can ne not get that? Later, going to go listen to my Mini Lores. May turn them upside down and backwards. (BTW, I have the 4 spiked 1/4x20 feet on my Mini Lores) and listen to them off axis, toed way out

It's not the most boring YouTube review you've seen. You're just saying that.

Of course they're not the M-Lores. Erin reviewed Troubadours, Amir reviewed M-Lores.

As to the effect of the holes left by the missing feet, the YouTube review you allegedly watched contains precise measurements of the effect - or, rather, lack of effect.

Erin is an aerospace engineer, so he understands the likely magnitude of the holes' contribution to the speaker's performance, particularly in the context of the fact that the speakers also have a very large port. He understands it far better than you do.

Enjoy your M-Lores - neither Erin nor Amir nor anyone else here has said you shouldn't.

Gwreck

He has thought of that. From his FAQ: "Because our manufacturing process begins shortly after an order is made, we charge a 15% cancellation fee to process refunds."

That's even before they ship the speaker to you! I can't find anything on people's ability return a speaker.
Yikes. I thought I read somewhere about 60 days. I wonder if the returns also subtract his attorney’s fees.

Danny23

It would be great if that room was treated like the plague, not one visitor, no engagement at all.
This is why I’m curious about the other vendors in room 328. Do they even know about this drama? I feel bad for them. AXPONA is a big show - they’ve paid good money - sure, they teamed with a scumbag, but it could hurt good companies.

Newman

Major Contributor
1712976282395.png

The threads are only ½-inch long! Unless the cabinets are only ½-inch thick, there is no need to drill all the way through. It's like amateur hour.

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

Newman

Major Contributor
I notice he has been placing full-page adverts in Stereophile. (Purely coincidence of course that Stereophile posted a review a couple of days ago, proclaiming it "my new reference speaker"...)

Perhaps a fleeting thought crossed his mind, that he could recover the advertising cost of a flattering review from lawsuits of unflattering reviews. :p

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
View attachment 363381
The threads are only ½-inch long! Unless the cabinets are only ½-inch thick, there is no need to drill all the way through. It's like amateur hour.

Exactly. In 25mm MDF, typical flanged threaded inserts used for loudspeaker feet/spikes will only go halfway in and still be flush.

IMG_3078.jpg

Top Bottom