• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

TAD Evolution 2 Speaker Review

Rate this speaker:

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 66 15.1%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 208 47.5%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther

Votes: 150 34.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 14 3.2%

• Total voters

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Jewelry: they are not as usually (some exceptions) requires some sort of valuable material (gold, diamonds, etc).
Art: Surely not as it comes from no passion or expression from an individual (or group) having a meaning. Corp Art is not art either.
Product: They are and should be judged on performance and appeal. Good value is highly subjective when you have money to burn. There is many a multi million dollar house with some very high end brand name kitchens and appliances that perform poorly. Even my little custom kitchen with some high end brands fell to this.
Let us be real here and recognize though a nice cabinet on a speaker is usually just some veneered MDF and even the well machines binding posts have no real big monetary value.
Jewellery? Diamonds are a close relative to coal and didn’t have much value until De Beers launched what was perhaps the biggest PR scam in history.

807Recordings

Jewellery? Diamonds are a close relative to coal and didn’t have much value until De Beers launched what was perhaps the biggest PR scam in history.
Notice I didn't just leave it at diamonds as gold and other rare elements do hold some higher value. Diamonds being over valued isn't something I am arguing against and well aware of how that market is controlled. Either way I think we get the point :)

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
Notice I didn't just leave it at diamonds as gold and other rare elements do hold some higher value. Diamonds being over valued isn't something I am arguing against and well aware of how that market is controlled. Either way I think we get the point :)
Yet the cost of all of them doesn’t reflect what they are really worth, just their perceived value. Why is gold valued? It’s no harder, and less dangerous to mine than coal. It’s valuable because people desire it, the same is true of much of HiFi kit that’s for sale.

Adi777

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Marten Estelon Stenheim etc...Relatively famous Brands of Hi-End you could name.
Just my subjective view;)
Of course is your subjective viev ;) Even, if Perlisten S7T is objective better than a way more expensive speakers you and nobody else will give me a warranty that for me and in my room/acoustic Perlisten will be better for me ‍;)

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
All this debate about price/performance! Why? Lets just cut to the chase...

View attachment 242850

Thers no freakin way a 20K speaker is allowed to look like a BestBuy special.
End of Story
I don't think it's ugly. Just utilitarian. But at that price you are expected to distinguish your product somehow from the unwashed masses.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think it's ugly. Just utilitarian. But at that price you are expected to distinguish your product somehow from the unwashed masses.
The product is distinct from the unwashed masses in it's smooth frequency response and very good directivity - how that would translate to listening experience is a bit more unpredictable with it's stock imperfect frequency response, but suffice to say that with an EQ to make it anechoic flat it's likely to be the best speaker anyone has listened to. (just a touch of hyperbole at the end, but close)

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
The product is distinct from the unwashed masses in it's smooth frequency response and very good directivity - how that would translate to listening experience is a bit more unpredictable, but suffice to say that with an EQ to make it anechoic flat it's likely to be the best speaker anyone has listened to.
Isn’t your post a bit of a reach, unless you’re being sarcastic? Do you own a pair and if so far how long? The answer is its more than likely you have never heard them.
My own speakers are the smoothest with the best directivity. As I sit in in my anechoic chamber or as my wife prefers to call it our living room, still what does she know. Yet another request to turn the volume down, as soon as she goes into the kitchen I’ll turn it back up.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The product is distinct from the unwashed masses in it's smooth frequency response and very good directivity - how that would translate to listening experience is a bit more unpredictable with it's stock imperfect frequency response, but suffice to say that with an EQ to make it anechoic flat it's likely to be the best speaker anyone has listened to. (just a touch of hyperbole at the end, but close)
We can agree that the directivity is good, anyways.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Isn’t your post a bit of a reach, unless you’re being sarcastic? Do you own a pair and if so far how long? The answer is its more than likely you have never heard them.
My own speakers are the smoothest with the best directivity. As I sit in in my anechoic chamber or as my wife prefers to call it our living room, still what does she know. Yet another request to turn the volume down, as soon as she goes into the kitchen I’ll turn it back up.
Well, I was about to edit my post to the in bracket part being (significant hyperbole but not unreasonable)!

No, but the research is that anechoic flat & good directivity with low bass reach (& low distortion as a bonus) = perfect. The only problem with these speakers is that they're not totally anechoic flat, but because the frequency response is very smooth and it has very good directivity then EQ can fix it totally - so it essentially should be a "perfect" speaker once it's been anechoic EQ'd - so that's the inspiration for my hyperbole. It does distinguish itself from the unwashed masses!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, I was about to edit my post to the in bracket part being (significant hyperbole but not unreasonable)!

No, but the research is that anechoic flat & good directivity with low bass reach (& low distortion as a bonus) = perfect. The only problem with these speakers is that they're not totally anechoic flat, but because the frequency response is very smooth and it has very good directivity then EQ can fix it totally - so it essentially should be a "perfect" speaker once it's been anechoic EQ'd - so that's the inspiration for my hyperbole. It does distinguish itself from the unwashed masses!
Uhm...so, all you have to do is extensive EQ on the plain looking $20k speakers and voila!!! ;) You're not a salesman by any chance?

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Uhm...so, all you have to do is extensive EQ on the plain looking $20k speakers and voila!!! ;) You're not a salesman by any chance?
Well, EQ is essentially free (depending on your playback source & software), and it just requires knowledge - and the rest is just established research, so that's all there is to it........it just needs EQ to be "perfect". Note as I said earlier, I voted this speaker "Fine" rather than "Great" as it's not perfect due to stock frequency response & high price. Doesn't change how good it's likely to sound after Anechoic EQ though!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, EQ is essentially free (depending on your playback source & software), and it just requires knowledge - and the rest is just established research, so that's all there is to it........it just needs EQ to be "perfect". Note as I said earlier, I voted this speaker "Fine" rather than "Great" as it's not perfect due to stock frequency response & high price. Doesn't change how good it's likely to sound after Anechoic EQ though!
You've convinced me. If someone else buys them and gives them to me, they are worth my time as fixer-uppers :)

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor
Saw them at the brussels hifi show this weekend.

Mwah, 20k of speaker should be something really special.

Attachments

• 9B0F4FD4-255A-4D7E-B274-07BADAD0CA5D.jpeg
    9B0F4FD4-255A-4D7E-B274-07BADAD0CA5D.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 155

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
$20K (CAD?) speakers that don't look exotic, but at least try to look the price... Oh, and as for performance... well...

View attachment 242872

View attachment 242874

So... Deepest apologies to TAD, but in all respects it's a sad-sack of a product - satisfying only the "exclusivity" metric and little else.
That’s good kef reference series is another contender in this price range , will it even give you a blade 2 ?

Xyrium

Forum Donor
So, what speakers do you suggest with this budget???

then add some Gennie subs and GLM

OR

Then go on a nice vacation with the change.....

Puddingbuks

Forum Donor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You've convinced me. If someone else buys them and gives them to me, they are worth my time as fixer-uppers :)
Lol, yes!

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor

LOL
From one of the unwashed masses.

Top Bottom