• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Stacking DC Blockers?

sam_adams

Major Contributor
All of these devices report wiring as correct.

But it won't find the N-G swap condition or a bad N-G bond at the panel:
ngrev.png

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

sam_adams

Major Contributor
Won’t the GFCI tester/outlet address that?

If the OP was connected to a GFCI outlet or circuit with a GFCI outlet upstream the GFCI should trip with neutral-ground swap. The CMX-2 doesn't have a GFCI outlet in it.

dedobot

I bet there's potential between AVR's body and ground. You need electrician.

Speedskater

Major Contributor
I would suspect a high or low AC line voltage problem. With a little "Kill-a-Watt" meter (or similar) check line voltage in several rooms. And again when hig powered appliances or HVAC are operating.

DanielT

Major Contributor
At this point I'd just pull an extension cord from a room that doesn't have this problem.
Exactly, run a cord from an outlet in a room where it works to the bedroom. If it then works as it should, with all the stuff set up and plugged in as it is
(exactly the same with all connections of the devices, cables and so on, change nothing), compared with when it doesn't work with the stuff plugged into the bedroom sockets in the bedroom, then the fault can reasonably only lie in the sockets in the bedroom. Or?
This is something you can try right now. Probably the easiest way to troubleshoot.

If that is the case, I stand by what I said earlier: Talk to an electrician (if you do not have the necessary knowledge of electricity yourself).

Top Bottom