• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Peterinvan

Still laughing...
But since this is still going on...
Processed THC, extracts/"sauce"/shatter/melt/etc... (including vape pens), is far different than Flower... You know... Bud, Herb, Sticy-Icky... ;)

While Breeding for potency or other characteristics has run away from reality in many aspects, I have yet to see evidence that honestly grown Flower has changed much since 1998 when I got into a compassionate care program. I have seen some talented farmers really excel at some occasional high potency crops, but never consistently. One that stood out was an outdoor OG strain from a medical grow which tested over 30% THC!
Yes, while that is very high (and I did get to see the lab report!) it was still all natural Flower.

On the other hand, Dabbing and any of the "Crack-ification" of freebasing concentrates is pretty hardcore and frankly not recommended by any sane person. Certainly its fun to try once or twice...
But if you like your relationship with your brain or lungs, you should stop there. :)

On a side note, I played around with a vape pen and what were supposed to be "clean" extract cartridges made with CO2 processing. I was not using these "hard" by any definition. Yet I developed a case of pneumonia that summer which stumped the doctors. Fortunately, a round of antibiotics cleared everything up, but the one thing that came from that and a lot of other research is that the use of these extracts in vaping seemed to, at the time, also be turning up many instances of pulmonary dis-ease in many people. *shrugs

I am wary of edibles for the same reason. It's one thing if it's made the old school way using natural product, but anything made using an extract is suspect. There is still not enough research done in this area and ZERO oversight to ensure what you may be putting into your body is not going to actually harm you worse than just sparking an owl or doing bong rips.
I vape the flower with a DIY rig made from a soldering iron and a jam jar.
Stop when the first taste of ashes appears.

I consider this the safest a purest way to partake. An enjoyable way to listen and let the music take over your focus of attention from “monkey chatter”.

bkdc

Forum Donor
I have no issues with fifty something year olds enjoying some bud. I’m seeing 18 and 20 year olds who will have permanent neurological impairment.

Peterinvan

I have no issues with fifty something year olds enjoying some bud. I’m seeing 18 and 20 year olds who will have permanent neurological impairment.
I acknowledge the dangers to young brains and dependencies that can form for some people.
I am 9 years into retirement, and under doctors orders to avoid alcohol.
I consider legal weed a privilege and a pleasure.

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Bibamus, moriendum est​

FDCA8FEE-B0B1-401C-893B-E4CD9DDAC705.jpeg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I'm not Auchentoshan fan, but this is good IMO:
baabc5bd1780061da785c18f73a0181fc4efa2fc.jpeg

Here today it costs more than Teeling small butch, but less than Powers gold label.
I love the fact that it looks like you got in your car and just decided you needed a drink of "water!," only pausing long enough to take a photo before pounding down a 1/4 of that bottle.
:)

Yes that's my internal dialogue. It looks like there is no cap on that bottle. :p

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I love the fact that it looks like you got in your car and just decided you needed a drink of "water!," only pausing long enough to take a photo before pounding down a 1/4 of that bottle.
:)

Yes that's my internal dialogue. It looks like there is no cap on that bottle. :p
Yes, that would be charges of in Canada:

1) drinking in a public place.
2) open alcohol in a public place.
3) open alcohol in a motor vehicle.
4) possibly a drunk in a public place charge too.
5) if really hammering you then a loitering charge could be whipped up too.

Flaesh

This tradition is more than a year old - bringing a bottle of an unknown drink, first try it straight from the bottle in the yard, and then go home. The drink is preferably stronger than 40º (%ABV). The air temperature is desirable more than 30ºC (if possible):cool:

Last edited:

eddantes

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Outrageously overpriced here. What other Irish whiskey have you tried?
None. I have some 5 bottles of Canadian whiskey and scotch in the house - all for my friends and guests... that is until I was gifted this. Delicious.

Flaesh

Only poses the question if the man made the whiskey or did the whiskey make the man?
For me The Pogues whiskey is acceptible and The Pogues musik isn't.
BTW Proper Twelve (I haven't tried it) lovers accuse opponents of too low whiskey ratings because of their, opponents, dislike for McGregor's persona

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
For me The Pogues whiskey is acceptible and The Pogues musik isn't.
BTW Proper Twelve (I haven't tried it) lovers accuse opponents of too low whiskey ratings because of their, opponents, dislike for McGregor's persona
I almost tried Proper Twelve one time but since it was new to me I (maybe fortunately) googled it... did not buy.

I'm in the school that says "don't but a liquor with a celebrity sponsor."
Not saying it can't be done right, but there is usually much better product on the market without their name attached to it. ;) Besides, de we really need to give more money to a Jenner, Clooney, Hagar, Diddy, Drake, Fieri.... Fcuk them all.

(The Pogues were fun back in the day... pissed my folks off plenty. ;) "What's he saying?" :p
First time I saw a live performance (pre-internet) Shane was so drunk he couldn't let go of the mic stand... and even that was having a hard time living up to it's name... of "standing." :p
"By the way, Mom, I think he said 'If it isn't a fist, it isn't love.'" :eek:
:cool: )

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Earlier, my "dessert" at Brunch:

iu

Super clean, extremely delicious, very little fire with a good level of smoke (without being overpowering). A good sipper!

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is this thread like a confessional for those admitted drinkers?:eek:
Give me caffeine, give me cigarettes, give me cannabinoids << I can deal with those "3Cs" in moderation.
Yet, as with sweets, alcohol has never taken my fancy. << BIG savings!
202210_CasamigosTequila.jpg
<< Smoooooth!
I have been pulled over and tested two times for BAC. A ticket-avoidance ploy which has worked both times; by giving the "appearance of drunkenness" upon being pulled over for speeding. << Even bigGER savings! :oops:
These savings go directly to fully fund my other habit... music!

Top Bottom