• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

In the Court of the Crimson King: King Crimson at 50 (the official documentary film)

Multicore

Major Contributor
I watched this on Friday. It's pretty good. As in introduction to the band I think it would be pretty confusing but if you know something about Crim or have a bit of a soft spot then you might get a kick out of it. Toby Amies, the film maker, had ridiculous amount of access to the band and was paid a lot to make it and given complete freedom, and I give DGM, Fripp and the band a lot of credit for risking that. So you get some pretty unvarnished moments and some very moving stuff. It's not the usual "The Story of ___" kind of doco, thankfully.

The other reason I wanted to share it here is the correspondences with the audience demographics. Sometimes you see here photos from Hi-Fi "shows". Those in the audience at a 2017 King Crimson concert have a similar look. White, middle aged to old men, occasionally accompanied by a wife or gf but mostly not. The film spent some time on a couple of exceptions but I don't think there were many to choose from.

Top Bottom