• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Spirits, what you drinking...

Peterinvan

THC…Sensory enhancer?
Unlike Jimmy searching for his lost shaker of salt in those lower latitudes, we are in the higher latitudes here in Canada. :)

bkdc

Forum Donor
Designer THC these days is risky. I’m seeing too many high school and young college Californians addicted to potent pot. It’s not your grandfather’s hippie pot. For those of advanced age with health issues, I’m all for it.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Still laughing...
But since this is still going on...
Processed THC, extracts/"sauce"/shatter/melt/etc... (including vape pens), is far different than Flower... You know... Bud, Herb, Sticy-Icky... ;)

While Breeding for potency or other characteristics has run away from reality in many aspects, I have yet to see evidence that honestly grown Flower has changed much since 1998 when I got into a compassionate care program. I have seen some talented farmers really excel at some occasional high potency crops, but never consistently. One that stood out was an outdoor OG strain from a medical grow which tested over 30% THC!
Yes, while that is very high (and I did get to see the lab report!) it was still all natural Flower.

On the other hand, Dabbing and any of the "Crack-ification" of freebasing concentrates is pretty hardcore and frankly not recommended by any sane person. Certainly its fun to try once or twice...
But if you like your relationship with your brain or lungs, you should stop there. :)

On a side note, I played around with a vape pen and what were supposed to be "clean" extract cartridges made with CO2 processing. I was not using these "hard" by any definition. Yet I developed a case of pneumonia that summer which stumped the doctors. Fortunately, a round of antibiotics cleared everything up, but the one thing that came from that and a lot of other research is that the use of these extracts in vaping seemed to, at the time, also be turning up many instances of pulmonary dis-ease in many people. *shrugs

I am wary of edibles for the same reason. It's one thing if it's made the old school way using natural product, but anything made using an extract is suspect. There is still not enough research done in this area and ZERO oversight to ensure what you may be putting into your body is not going to actually harm you worse than just sparking an owl or doing bong rips.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
On the other hand, Dabbing and any of the "Crack-ification" of freebasing concentrates is pretty hardcore and frankly not recommended by any sane person. Certainly its fun to try once or twice...
But if you like your relationship with your brain or lungs, you should stop there. :)
What about hashish man? It's much milder than flower when put through the water pipe.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
What about hashish man? It's much milder than flower when put through the water pipe.
Real Hash is a natural product. Just like Kief. Some stuff like Cold Water Hash is just pressed Kief. Traditionally, Hash was cooked a bit while being pressed which would activate the THC. You could judge purity by how smooth the Hash was... inclusion of plant matter would make it gritty. Because it was heated, you could even eat it and visit with your own favorite deity of choice. ;)
Modern "Hash" is a much looser definition.

Regardless, Hash does have one thing common throughout history which is the collection of the raw Trichromes (or crystals, sugar... as above, known as Kief once removed from the plant matter but before further processing). Real Hash is a natural product.

There was a great book called Hashish! by Robert Connell Clarke which detailed the history of Hash as well as the making of it over time. It's a cool read if you can find it.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Real Hash is a natural product. Just like Kief. Some stuff like Cold Water Hash is just pressed Kief. Traditionally, Hash was cooked a bit while being pressed which would activate the THC. You could judge purity by how smooth the Hash was... inclusion of plant matter would make it gritty. Because it was heated, you could even eat it and visit with your own favorite deity of choice. ;)
Modern "Hash" is a much looser definition.

Regardless, Hash does have one thing common throughout history which is the collection of the raw Trichromes (or crystals, sugar... as above, known as Kief once removed from the plant matter but before further processing). Real Hash is a natural product.

There was a great book called Hashish! by Robert Connell Clarke which detailed the history of Hash as well as the making of it over time. It's a cool read if you can find it.
Great vibe man! O' YeaH...

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I should add, having been in school during the '90s when the modern cannabis renaissance was beginning (my use of phrase), I spent a lot of time studying it. I had a chronic stomach problem and found help using it medicinally. Once out west and after being introduced to a few people, I was easily accepted by a doctor who supported the Movement and was influential in helping initiate and pass Prop 215.
I did a lot of work to heal myself over about 10 years.
Regardless, my relationship with the plant only grew because of it's role in my healing. This helped me mature out of the college stoner phase of my life. :) Needless to say, I am a proponent of holistic Medicinal study and usage as well as responsible recreational use and decriminalization. I do think outright legalization is a pipe dream considering the power governments like to hold over us through taxation: it will likely, at best, continue to be treated as Alcohol is.

escape2

Addicted to Fun and Learning
lLmu0bJ.jpg

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I am a proponent of holistic Medicinal study and usage as well as responsible recreational use and decriminalization.
Yes, the prohibition has caused much suffering and enduing economic hardship. No BS there that's for sure. It still has enduring effect and economic hardship. That needs to change.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Oh ya! This is the Drinking Thread... not the Weed Thread! :p

Woohoo!

Let's get our Liquor on!!!

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Ever have one of those nights at a bar or restaurant where they serve you a well defined cocktail that... well, just isn't THAT cocktail? So much so you want to jab the garnish skewer through the bartender's eye and drop it in the martini he was making? :p Or perhaps just ask why he hates that drink so much he couldn't serve you the cocktail you wanted? "What, did a chick dump you while you were drinking one? Tell you she has drug resistant Gonorrhea? That she had a lesbian affair with your grandma and preferred it to sex with you?"
:oops:

Well, tonight was one of those nights. :(

They completely borked a Corpse Reviver 2 with a Mandarin Liqueur and too much citrus that completely changed the drink into something almost unrecognizable.
They redeemed themselves with a Last Word.
But then borked a Rye Manhattan!

W
T
F
!

I can't do enough water to undo the damage they did.
:confused:

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20221001_000928.jpg
IMG_20221001_002903.jpg
A Last Word and a Vesper martini so good I forgot to take photos before I drank it.

My boss' boss said in my work WhatsApp his son opened a bar near where my S/O and I lived, and that he made mean classic and tiki cocktails. Naturally we went there, insisting on never namedropping, and became fast friends with his son. Son took a rare craft gin out of the top shelf - Procera from Kenya - to make the Vesper with. First time ever I had a martini taste so tropical with unmistakable notes of pineapple from the gin.

The Last Word he sprayed with absinthe - a trick I've heard separately from several top bars that gives the absinthe aroma in spades, without throwing the cocktail out of balance with too much in the drink.

Last edited:

rgpit

Forum Donor
iu

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Pre-sweetened Tequila?!? Oh dear sweet jebus, what have we done. :p

bkdc

Forum Donor
Pre-sweetened Tequila?!? Oh dear sweet jebus, what have we done. :p

Most tequilas add color, glycerin (for thickness and legs), or sweetener… up to 1 percent can be added and still be called 100% blue agave tequila. The most egregious practice is with extra anejo where sweeteners are added to bottles selling for hundreds of dollars. No thank you. I seek out verified no-additive tequilas made with old fashioned techniques.

Pre sweetening does seem sacrilegious. Only 35% alcohol instead of the usual 40-43 percent. Is that 5 percent agave nectar? Not only that… but most tequila bottles prominently print the distillery NOM on the front of the label. Most good tequilas…. If the NOM Is hiding in tiny print at the back, I’m suspicious.

Flaesh

06df6f7639cec45102998421dd65c1599a5d2ca9.jpeg

Kinahan’s Kasc (sic!)) Project LL.
If a tree falls in the forest, will Kinahan’s add it to a cask?..”
Unfortunately almost every drinks are overpriced here and salary does not allow me to live within my means :p, but now others Kinahan’s are in my wishlist.

Top Bottom