• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

How many subs w/ your Salons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Just out of curiosity, for the more learned members here - is there an upgrade to the Salon2 in the works from Revel? I've done a little searching, but haven't turned anything up as of yet.
Cheers,
My dealer has gotten mixed responses from Harman to that very question, and I have read similar answers from other dealers. No doubt they (Harman) are being very cagey, but the general responses have been either "we're researching that" or "the new Be series fills that spot". Long way of saying "I don't know".

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My dealer has gotten mixed responses from Harman to that very question, and I have read similar answers from other dealers. No doubt they (Harman) are being very cagey, but the general responses have been either "we're researching that" or "the new Be series fills that spot". Long way of saying "I don't know".
I asked the dealer from this thread that question and you got ALL of his responses spot on... and in order I think... concluding with "I don't know". You're good Don... you're very good... lol.

serlv

I was curious about that, too. And believe I heard something along the lines of "what, we've got coming up will be blah,blah, blaf" ( Substitute whatever stunning superlative you want ). I know this, I wouldn't be able to afford it; hell, I could barely afford the Salon2(s), but reached for the golden ring, anyway. Delivery day is 3 days away!

raz1969

have no idea if this is truly accurate, but my dealer carries Revel and he said the rep said there were no upgrades in the works and the "be" series would be the upper tier line going forward. he also said the 228be and the 226be sounded better than the 328be.

ive heard the Salon2 and think its a tremendous speaker. it has an "excitement" few other speakers can match.

Focus SE

Astoneroad, I unfortunately have no advice to offer, I recently lived your story. It is an amazingly fun thing to experience. Of all the speakers I’ve listened to the Revels are the only ones I would have considered had I not gotten the ones I did. Like you I have and continue to have a big learning curve and am absolutely amazed at the sound. I’m not a specs person. With all the precise equipment showing how technically perfect a speaker should be, tonality is unique to a speaker. If it sounds good I like it. Congratulations those Revels sound amazing. Enjoy them, I am so glad I got into this.

serlv

Inbound! And the boxes are in great shape.

Attachments

• Salon2-2.jpg
    Salon2-2.jpg
    418 KB · Views: 90

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Good to see the boxes are in fantastic condition. I've received many orders of full speakers lines plus backup inventory so many thousands of items and nothing damaged. It happens all the time and when they screw up put the screws to them. They are paid for the service. :D

Lsc

Awesome!!! That’s how they should be when shipped via freight so excellent! I actually had to buy a dolly when I got my salon2s to safely bring it in the house with minimal effort.

One note of caution-well you may already know this- if you repeatedly take the grills off and put ‘em on, the glue will start to come off - I may need to hot glue mine…so now I just have the grills off permanently.

Enjoy and let us know your first impressions!

serlv

I am leaving in the morning,for10 days. So, I'm just hoping to have a friend help me get them in, from the garage, this evening. May not even get them unpacked tonight. :( I put off leaving for this trip until the delivery came through. :)

Focus SE

I am leaving in the morning,for10 days. So, I'm just hoping to have a friend help me get them in, from the garage, this evening. May not even get them unpacked tonight. :( I put off leaving for this trip until the delivery came through. :)
You do realize this is like really getting into a tv show and having the “to be continued message” pop up, it’s very disappointing. Now isn't a good time for a vacation while we are waiting!!

Lsc

Seems like the answer is buy the latest item. Time doesn’t stand still but the Salon2 was Revel’s goal to make the best speaker possible. You can see that quality in the design of the sculpted 2.5” baffle etc., it just looks like a quality product.

The F328Be is probably a better sounding speaker in several ways and the salon2 in potentially other ways. Either way, I think the Be series are excellent speakers with clever engineering to maximize profits.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Some interesting parallel experiences between our separate journeys, both in Vegas, both hurry up and wait from delivery to first listen, both dependent upon waiting for outside help to unpack... etc. Soon it will be over and you'll be parked in your listening position... where all the "hard work" will actually begin... lol.

serlv

You do realize this is like really getting into a tv show and having the “to be continued message” pop up, it’s very disappointing. Now isn't a good time for a vacation while we are waiting!!
My friend helped me get them in, then I unpacked one. Had to call him to help me unpack the second one. And then, you know it. I pushed the old speakers backwards and hooked up the Revels. Ended up getting to bed five hours later ( no discipline! jeez!! ) and leaving on my trip at 7 PM, instead of the anticipated 9 or 10 AM. I can still got lost for hours listening to them... LOL

So Focus SE, roughly what part of the country do you live in?

Scott

Laserjock

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
is this a Revel dealer? No Revels to be found in their lineup anymore or were these just a one time sell off?

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
is this a Revel dealer? No Revels to be found in their lineup anymore or were these just a one time sell off?
I noticed that too and asked him about it, this past week. He has sold out of the Salon2 forever, no more stock or production. He has decided to not sell online, but only his store in Fairfax, VA. I'm the OP of this thread, which has come to an ironic conclusion. After having mine since mid July, I realize that my tinnitus is impacting my enjoyment more than I knew. Once I sat in front of the Salon2s as a viable reference, I realized how distracting the ringing in my ears has grown to be. So, I'm selling out and abandoning the hobby. It's been a fun 50 year run and reached, what I think is the top of the heap with the Salons... just too late for my ears to be fully able to appreciate. So, my mahogany Salons, a couple months old, $9995 plus shipping. I've also got a McIntosh MC7300 (300wpc) for $2500 plus shipping. I'm going to post these for sale on ASR shortly. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650018983-revel-salon2-in-mahogany-purchased-new-july7-2023/

Tony in Vegas

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I noticed that too and asked him about it, this past week. He has sold out of the Salon2 forever, no more stock or production. He has decided to not sell online, but only his store in Fairfax, VA. I'm the OP of this thread, which has come to an ironic conclusion. After having mine since mid July, I realize that my tinnitus is impacting my enjoyment more than I knew. Once I sat in front of the Salon2s as a viable reference, I realized how distracting the ringing in my ears has grown to be. So, I'm selling out and abandoning the hobby. It's been a fun 50 year run and reached, what I think is the top of the heap with the Salons... just too late for my ears to be fully able to appreciate. So, my mahogany Salons, a couple months old, $9995 plus shipping. I've also got a McIntosh MC7300 (300wpc) for $2500 plus shipping. I'm going to post these for sale on ASR shortly. https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/650018983-revel-salon2-in-mahogany-purchased-new-july7-2023/

Tony in Vegas
I'm sorry to hear that you tinnitus has progressed to this degree. How awful for you to have discovered such a performant set of speakers only to have that enjoyment ruined by ringing. I have tinnitus but it is manageable and most of the time I can "tune it out". I hope you find some other means of enjoyment in the future. Do headphones or IEM's have the same effect? Also have you seen the new treatment for tinnitus discussed here on ASR? https://www.lenire.com/about/

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm sorry to hear that you tinnitus has progressed to this degree. How awful for you to have discovered such a performant set of speakers only to have that enjoyment ruined by ringing. I have tinnitus but it is manageable and most of the time I can "tune it out". I hope you find some other means of enjoyment in the future. Do headphones or IEM's have the same effect? Also have you seen the new treatment for tinnitus discussed here on ASR? https://www.lenire.com/about/
Thanks. I'm following Amir's progress with his tinnitus. Mine is constant and loud, but I've had it forever and it doesn't bother me, except when listening to music and knowing how it adulterates seemingly the midrange frequencies. The Salons answered a lot of questions and I'm glad that I've got the opportunity to know, rather than guess. Listening to IEM or headphones isn't as bad and I'll keep those, but it's not the same... lol.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks. I'm following Amir's progress with his tinnitus. Mine is constant and loud, but I've had it forever and it doesn't bother me, except when listening to music and knowing how it adulterates seemingly the midrange frequencies. The Salons answered a lot of questions and I'm glad that I've got the opportunity to know, rather than guess. Listening to IEM or headphones isn't as bad and I'll keep those, but it's not the same... lol.
Can you do a narrow eq notch where the tinnitus is likely to be exacerbated? What sort of therapies have you tried?

Last, if you don’t mind, did you listen to music very loudly in your youth or were you exposed to occupational noise? Or is your tinnitus from something else?

Top Bottom