• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sold Out - Revel Salon2 New Stock w/ full warranty $12k plus shipping

How many subs w/ your Salons?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I just bought a pair of new Salon 2 in wood. The dealer has been great. He's got 3 pairs left, 2 in black 1 in wood, $12k plus shipping. He only received these from Revel in the last 45 days. Mine are on the truck to me... these are my bucket list speakers... tick... tock. The owner's name is Sean, tell him you saw the posting on ASR. He's been great to deal with. https://www.iq-av.com/ I read a few post here recently that guys can't find them... so I wanted to give you a shot to get these, new, full warranty for $12K? Good Luck.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sheesh, right in Fairfax of all places. I used to live near there.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sheesh, right in Fairfax of all places. I used to live near there.
Sean is the nicest guy.... very helpful and accommodating. I really can't believe that I pulled the trigger on these... but I figured this was a once in a lifetime chance at this price with a warranty about as long as my life expectancy... lol. Carpe Diem!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sean is the nicest guy.... very helpful and accommodating. I really can't believe that I pulled the trigger on these... but I figured this was a once in a lifetime chance at this price with a warranty about as long as my life expectancy... lol. Carpe Diem!
I doubt you'll regret having Salon2s. One of the few commercial speakers I'd consider.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No time for regrets... gotta seize it and squeeze the day.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
You have just made my “Ignore” list. Damn you Man, the temptation is strong with this one! :eek:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Smoking deal for sure. They are asking $34,000 for them in Canada.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
As someone who has gone in for the "speakers with amps inside them" route, what are people using as amplifiers for speakers like these?
Amir was using Mark Levinsons, but I believe they are broken. If it was me, I'd just grab one of the latest class D amps with a few hundred watts/ch.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You have just made my “Ignore” list. Damn you Man, the temptation is strong with this one! :eek:
3 pairs left as of an hour ago, 2 black, 1 wood. Ignore if you must. We tellers of truth are used to it... you should know... lol.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As someone who has gone in for the "speakers with amps inside them" route, what are people using as amplifiers for speakers like these?
I haven't received mine yet, but I'm going to use my Mcintosh MC7300 and hope for the best.

OP
Astoneroad

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If it was me, I'd just grab one of the latest class D amps with a few hundred watts/ch.
I totally agree... if I didn't already have my last amp... too heavy to swap out... that's code for I'm too old to swap it out... lol.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Mcintosh MC7300
That ought to do very well.
zzzzzzzzzzz Screenshot 2023-07-01 115757.png

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I totally agree... if I didn't already have my last amp... too heavy to swap out... that's code for I'm too old to swap it out... lol.
Your Mac should be more than good enough.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
In any event, they have a pretty tame impedance curve for a passive speaker:

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Revel Salon2 specs> (I know many of you guys have these memorized but many of us don't.)
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Screenshot 2023-07-01 120342.png

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Screenshot 2023-07-01 120703.png

Last edited:

alont

Forum Donor
Even at this reduced price point, there are other compelling options worth considering such as the dutch and dutch 8c, perlisten r7t or KEF R11 Meta + great subs. Each has its own pros and cons but they're all excellent options IMO.

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Tempting…anyone in Chicago interested in a pair of mahogany Gem2’s on pedestal stands?

Top Bottom