• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Short RCA Interconnects

cursive

Forum Donor
But, I was looking at options from Worlds Best Cables (WBC) and wondering if a star-quad Canare L-4E6S or one of the Mogami cables would be better suited for a short interconnect between the stacked devices. And especially since they use the long Amphenol RCA connectors.

Just wanted to say I have those exact RCA cables from Worlds Best Cables - Canare with the Amphenol connectors, and they are super flexible. Even tho they're only 6 in long, they're flexible enough I can even do an extra loop in them if you want to plug in really short stacked equipment.

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
how about JDS labs stack cables? When you bend them they stay bent.
https://jdslabs.com/product/stack-rca-cables/
7614c20d2157d3400ed3b3a7760687c3.jpg

Their regular RCA cable looks exactly like monoprice RCA cables!!!

1613015651032.png

Guddu

holbob

I use van damme/neutrik for all speaker cable, rca, xlr and digital coax cables. From designacable and lynx in the UK.

H-713

I am of the opinion that it is not a good idea to cheap out on cables. Will it affect audio? Almost certainly not, but dealing with crappy connectors or a bad termination is massively annoying. As much as anything, I like high-quality stuff and cheap cables don't feel high-quality.

I make all of my own. For XLR / TRS, I use Canare L-4E6S. Neutrik for XLRs, Amphenol, Switchcraft or Neutrik for TRS. Van Damme cable is excellent quality as well.

For RCA, Canare GS-6 with Neutrik or Amphenol connectors.

For my test bench, I make XLR / TRS cables out of the inside of an old Canare mic snake. It's similar to Canare L-4E5C. I like it because it's thin and flexible. For RCA cables on the test bench, I use RG-174 coax. Works well enough.

Also, if you're building or modifying your own gear, do yourself a favor and buy some Mogami W2944 "Console cable". This is very thin and flexible- it's the kind of thing that you'd use if you were hand-wiring a mixing console. It's an excellent choice for shielded cable inside a chassis and is easy to cable manage.

IMO, if it's good enough for a high-end recording studio it's good enough for my home stereo.

gasolin75

Ro808

The shortest I've found are the Schiit PYST cables at 6", but they're $20 a pair and I'm not inclined to give them my money.
Those are the interconnects my son bought which after a few use, failed due to poor soldering and lack of cable relief. So don't buy those for sure.

Why buy Shit(e) if you can get these for about the same price?

0.5 Foot RCA Cable Pair - Gotham GAC-4-1 (Black) Star-Quad Audio Interconnect Cable with Amphe...jpg
0.5 Foot RCA Cable Pair - Gotham GAC-4-1 (Black) Star-Quad Audio Interconnect Cable with Amphe...jpg

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
1667935421463.png

Unless you are getting RFI through the small loop formed, replacing them with cables will not affect the sound. If you do replace them, I would pick up some inexpensive short coax cables instead of Audioquest anything.

IMO - Don

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 242031

Unless you are getting RFI through the small loop formed, replacing them with cables will not affect the sound. If you do replace them, I would pick up some inexpensive short coax cables instead of Audioquest anything.

IMO - Don
No RFI or any other distortion.

Top Bottom