• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The once a year POWER CABLE discussion!

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, many of them went from two to three conductors, sometime in the 1960's.

Earth was added to Hot and Neutral.
So like old tube and vinyl type audio discussions, it's just based on something old? )

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
5-things-large-haldron-collider-cern.jpg

Take that, objectivists!!!!!1111

I hope it doesn't catch fire!

Philbo King

Addicted to Fun and Learning
You can avoid excess voltage drop by using copper tubing pressurized with liquid helium at 0.5 deg Kelvin.

egellings

Major Contributor
No matter the made up problem in audio someone has figured out the solution for the low low cost of $$$£££€€€
...in easy-money payments, from one year to life, brought to me, Ralph Icebag, by a brown troop square, in the dead of night!

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
That more a reflection of people not looking for an existing thread/subject first? :) I guess for the short attention span folk.....
Sometimes people don't search or the search does not work. And if the audiophools have echo chambers we have no reason to not have one too. With multiple threads the chance of them getting attention is higher. If we can change one or two minds for the better, we should.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Sometimes people don't search or the search does not work. And if the audiophools have echo chambers we have no reason to not have one too. With multiple threads the chance of them getting attention is higher. If we can change one or two minds for the better, we should.
The inbuilt search feature in most forums sucks a lot. Easier to use a search engine with search terms along with "site:audiosciencereview.com"

Ordin Aryguy

Ok kids, fire away. I fully expect it. Take your best shot...

Cables are a fact of life in audio. I've done my best to organize mine, keeping low level, high impedance cabling as physically separated from the higher energy cables as I possibly can. Yes, I know they're there too, but I also want that minimized. If there's a way to hide the cable, it's tucked away and secured.

From the front, the only cables visible are the speaker cables, the cable to the subwoofer, and two power cables. Clean.
PXL_20240113_181715934.jpg

So, if I have to see a wire or cable I at least want it to not be ugly. Power cables absolutely do not make any difference to the sound quality of the system. Not one iota. But I can't hide them and given the choice I'd much rather have a better one to look at. So for the cost (~$20 total) of an Aliexpress power cable an Amazon power strip, I have a little better looking power cord.
DIY Mains 2.jpg

DIY Mains 1.jpg

Last edited:

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You can buy the sleeving separately and put it on whatever.

xray

IMO, the best looking power cable is the one I don't notice.

aagstn

Ok kids, fire away. I fully expect it. Take your best shot...

Cables are a fact of life in audio. I've done my best to organize mine, keeping low level, high impedance cabling as physically separated from the higher energy cables as I possibly can. Yes, I know they're there too, but I also want that minimized. If there's a way to hide the cable, it's tucked away and secured.

From the front, the only cables visible are the speaker cables, the cable to the subwoofer, and two power cables. Clean.
View attachment 347790

So, if I have to see a wire or cable I at least want it to not be ugly. Power cables absolutely do not make any difference to the sound quality of the system. No one iota. But I can't hide them and given the choice I'd much rather have a better one to look at. So for the cost (~$20 total) of an Aliexpress power cable an Amazon power strip, I have a little better looking power cord.
View attachment 347791
View attachment 347792
This is really nice and organized. My stereo rack has cables, piled on cables, piled on cables in the back of it. As long as I don't hear a hum and I don't look back there I'm good, but I really wish I did have the energy to be this organized.

Top Bottom