• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The once a year POWER CABLE discussion!

ADoIDo

It's been a year and I know there's been advancements in power cable technology. You have this guy to thank as to why this post was created https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/power-cord-review-section.39359/post-1386542

Currently I'm sitting in my living room ABing some power cables hooked up to KH120 ii's. The right cable is an 8 foot generic found on amazon. The left is the original neumann cable BUT 6 feet in length. There's also other factors power related. They're both connected to a cyberpower with built in sine wave, whatever hell that does. From it unfortunately there's a generic white amazon power cord going to my wall outlet. The wall outlet is wired with 16ga solid copper wire so I'm good there.

There's something slightly off between the sound of left to right. I'm not sure if it's because I'm leaned slightly to the right on my couch or if by the way my head is tilted, my right ear is slightly better aligned with the tweeter. Or it could be the power cables!

Thoughts, idea, suggestions? I'm stuck in thought of how or why I went wrong.

Happy Holidays

Last edited:

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You're right GROUNDBREAKING* advancements. Thank you for pointing that out!
Uh huh. Every time I pick a cord for the equipment I design, it goes through a long grueling qualification.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget cryogenic treatment and break in.
The better companies like Shunyata have their own secrets, too!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I almost forgot about that part, I haven't broken in the neumann power cable yet. Break in period is something like 127 hours at max volume?
That's very important. The sound characteristics improve immensely.

Anton D

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It's been a year and I know there's been advancements in power cable technology. You have this guy to thank as to why this post was created https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/power-cord-review-section.39359/post-1386542

Currently I'm sitting in my living room ABing some power cables hooked up to KH120 ii's. The right cable is an 8 foot generic found on amazon. The left is the original neumann cable BUT 6 feet in length. There's also other factors power related. They're both connected to a cyberpower with built in sine wave, whatever hell that does. From it unfortunately there's a generic white amazon power cord going to my wall outlet. The wall outlet is wired with 16ga solid copper wire so I'm good there.

There's something slightly off between the sound of left to right. I'm not sure if it's because I'm leaned slightly to the right on my couch or if by the way my head is tilted, my right ear is slightly better aligned with the tweeter. Or it could be the power cables!

Happy Holidays
Does this slightly off-ness persist between cables, or do you associate it with one or the other cable?

Does one of your power cables have 'handedness?

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I changed the power cord on my toaster and my toast pops up perfectly golden brown now!

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What advancements have power cords gone through recently?
Shunyata draws its scientists from the LHC. Technology we can't begin to understand.

DonR

Major Contributor
I almost forgot about that part, I haven't broken in the neumann power cable yet. Break in period is something like 127 hours at max volume?
Don't forget that power cables are highly directional. This will vary based on the orientation of the device with respect to the ley lines beneath the listening room. A good divining rod should show them up to you.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Don't forget that power cables are highly directional. This will vary based on the orientation of the device with respect to the ley lines beneath the listening room. A good divining rod should show them up to you.
Hopefully the energy flow vectors in that area are good for audio, too.

JayGilb

Major Contributor

783349000374.jpg

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Have you switched cables to see if the difference follows the cable, or stays with the speaker?

Each speaker will have a different sound because it's in a different place in your room.

Top Bottom