• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

The once a year POWER CABLE discussion!

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perfectly cromulent explanation of cryo cables brought to you by Snake oil. River audio.
very simplified analogy would be to think of two rows of numbers. The top row has numbers 1 to 5, while the second row goes from 6 to 10. Well, even through all the beating the metal takes, electrons try to stay loyal to the other atoms/molecules where they were connected before. But because everything has been twisted and reconfigured, the electrons might be trying to go from 1 to 7, then up to 2, back to 6, then over to 3, etc. Not a very efficient way to travel.
EddieTwist

The cryogenic process utilizes liquid nitrogen, and very slowly lowers the temperature of the metals down to 320 degrees BELOW ZERO. It's actually so cold, that the electrons themselves practically quit moving. After being held at that temperature for a time to completely break any bonds those electrons had previously, the metals are then very slowly brought back up to normal temps. The effect that this has, is that when the electrons start moving again, they connect to the atoms/molecules closest and strongest to them, instead of wherever they were connected previously. Now, your electrons go straight from 1 to 2 to 3 to 4, etc. This results in lower capacitance and impedance. A much more efficient piece of conductive metal, which in audio, gives you better performance in your cables.
EddieTwist

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Perfectly cromulent explanation of cryo cables brought to you by Snake oil. River audio.
Ducks in a row. That's got to be better, and all these Poindexter engineers should realize.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
It's been a year and I know there's been advancements in power cable technology.

What? o_O

Who gave you that idea?

There's something slightly off between the sound of left to right. I'm not sure if it's because I'm leaned slightly to the right on my couch or if by the way my head is tilted, my right ear is slightly better aligned with the tweeter. Or it could be the power cables!

Thoughts, idea, suggestions? I'm stuck in thought of how or why I went wrong.

Sorry if this thread is a joke, and it just went over my head.

It's your head tilt. Or an asymmetry of your room acoustics. Or a channel imbalance somewhere in your gear/software. Or simply expectation bias.

It's not the power cables. Physically impossible.

jeffbook

Leave your phone number below. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to correct this defect over the phone. :p
That would be me. Have your credit card ready.

OP
A

ADoIDo

You could be the new lucky owner! https://www.ebay.com/itm/115853699811?hash=item1af96b2ae3:g:ixQAAOSwdoBkqEUO&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAA4M2LC58TwnNdZ7asP2AaA+lVtsKM9Qn3UX60UVqhlbIs3wPnHsuF+kJSbnjHUcLCkZw6HMJXXx7ClNdL5HLawZ7+Vl+5ULBsfh8UEHrfGkLWuwC9qDfk1K9uf037dBVVdi5M+o59xj3IzT9E+r7f3aD/R0eXusYMBxSJnVsKvzTAQxnY2KCIlcpR76t1ajzeDQ19L2yt+VsZlmct885pS83c9R+E6MeqvdoDaUgUyvtE/2/eRPsdzwy9Kvj0i32EAxypvRYWTCgZRBWkPvuZPIq8FneWXyA0FUJil6+ikIEr|tkp:Bk9SR_yugLOSYw

Can someone other than myself with more money than brains buy it, and let us know if it expels demons and such. This Gryphon may be the last surviving example any of us will see in our lifetime. A collectors item of the highest caliber. Fuck Jay Leno and his car collection, he doesn't have this.

My only concern is authenticity. The pictured example says 35 seconds and the listing is 8...

Gregss

Hello there, Got some "new" tech for my power cord. Had it baptized in holy water, twice. Now sounds so much better. :)

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Given the inspiration linked, isn't the cause drinking?

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Leave your phone number below. Someone will be in touch with you shortly to correct this defect over the phone. :p
Ah, the buried whatshisname reference.

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hello there, Got some "new" tech for my power cord. Had it baptized in holy water, twice. Now sounds so much better. :)

Does it "work" well on Sundays?

HoweSound

Speaking of Sundays, I recommend shunning in future for anyone who starts a new power cable thread.

xray

Shunning will have to do since there's no online equivalent of tar-and-feathering.

Top Bottom