• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Sennheiser HD650 Review (Headphone)

Robin L

Master Contributor
I owned the HD 650 in 2009 and I thought they were great, but today I own the HD600 and I doubt the HD650 is better, but I could be wrong, when I owned the 650 I didn't have as good dac's and amps as today, so I I'm a little curious about them, but it's just a waste of money from what I understand?
I've got some less expensive Sennheiser open-back headphones and they're nice if not quite as nice as my Drop 6XX. I doubt there would be a really significant difference between the 650s and the 600s. My guess is that the 650s would sound a little "fatter", but only a little.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I owned the HD 650 in 2009 and I thought they were great, but today I own the HD600 and I doubt the HD650 is better, but I could be wrong, when I owned the 650 I didn't have as good dac's and amps as today, so I I'm a little curious about them, but it's just a waste of money from what I understand?
From measurements there's not much difference between the two. You could easily EQ the HD600 to the same response as the HD650 if you wanted anyway. There wouldn't be much point in getting the HD650 if you already have the HD600.

From measurements there's not much difference between the two. You could easily EQ the HD600 to the same response as the HD650 if you wanted anyway. There wouldn't be much point in getting the HD650 if you already have the HD600.
Exactly, one is just slightly warmer than the other, people be reaching these days

Top Bottom