• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Revel Salon2 questions

Lsc

The bass out of the salons is just so satisfying! I have to do some stupid force defrost on my Samsung ice maker (how ironic) and the fridge’s beeping is driving me nuts! The remedy was to blast my Salons!!!

I need to pack em away for a few days as my house interior is getting painted. What a pain!

Siwel

Forum Donor
80 Hz works well although I continue to play with that from time to time. For whatever reason I find that within a range of 60-100 Hz it’s more important that I nail phase and level relationships than what exact crossover knee I select. Apparently you get a fair degree of options for crossover when going with an ostensibly full range main system and a well controlled sub. I think level and phase/time integration is critical, more so IMO than the knee selected assuming you are within a range that the various transducers can achieve while maintaining flat power response. The Salon2s and the 13” JLs seem to be happy together within a surprisingly wide range of frequencies assuming you integrated them with Science and Patience!

Was looking up on subwoofers as possible improvement for my Salon 2 that I have for the last 4 yrs as possible and chance on this thread.

I am driving the Salon 2 with cool Sanders Magtech at 500/900/1600w @8/4/2ohm in my 24/7 system in my living room.

Had dual REL subs with the previous Magneplanar 1.7i but think will give up this upgrade thought now.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 16625354661602578158427149223621.jpg
    16625354661602578158427149223621.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am using two Rythmik E22s with cabinets from Salk sound and love them.

- Rich

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I am using four Rythmik F12's in my room. Too cheap for Funk or Salk. ;)

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Was looking up on subwoofers as possible improvement for my Salon 2 that I have for the last 4 yrs as possible and chance on this thread.

I am driving the Salon 2 with cool Sanders Magtech at 500/900/1600w @8/4/2ohm in my 24/7 system in my living room.

Had dual REL subs with the previous Magneplanar 1.7i but think will give up this upgrade thought now.

Cheers.
I would look at pair Rythmik first for good value subs ( G25HP2, F18, E15HP2, E22 in descending order depending on your space constraints) but there are other great options if you have a lot of space (Funk, JTR etc). Proper bass management and DSP room correction should be considered mandatory for sub integration (MiniDSP SHD, Flex, Anthem STR ect.)

I would look at pair Rythmik first for good value subs ( G25HP2, F18, E15HP2, E22 in descending order depending on your space constraints) but there are other great options if you have a lot of space (Funk, JTR etc). Proper bass management and DSP room correction should be considered mandatory for sub integration (MiniDSP SHD, Flex, Anthem STR ect.)
Hi Waynel, Thanks but it looks taunting for the following reasons:

1. System is in living room that is without wall on the left leading to dining area while right is the door to the driveway and long stretch of sliding glass door

2. No clue on the use of any mentioned dsp and never had to know .. major learning curve and will nvr know if doing it right

3. Placement of subs is limited to besides speakers or reportedly non ideal corners behind speakers in mentioned living room

4. Seems expensive for a pair of commensurating subs e.g. REL S812 in line with not inexpensive salon 2 to me

Cheers.

waynel

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Waynel, Thanks but it looks taunting for the following reasons:

1. System is in living room that is without wall on the left leading to dining area while right is the door to the driveway and long stretch of sliding glass door

2. No clue on the use of any mentioned dsp and never had to know .. major learning curve and will nvr know if doing it right

3. Placement of subs is limited to besides speakers or reportedly non ideal corners behind speakers in mentioned living room

4. Seems expensive for a pair of commensurating subs e.g. REL S812 in line with not inexpensive salon 2 to me

Cheers.
Hi Richard, sorry I'm a little confused by your post. My point was not to add subs without also adding DSP. Also, not recommending Rel Subs as they are poor value, not very good on output, and as a company don't follow the science on sub integration. I was recommending Rythmik subs; maybe a pair of E15HP2, E22 could fit in your space?

Hi Waynel, Thanks again noted the advice not to add sub(s) without dsp. Sorry for the confusion and was just sharing the reasons not to embark on previous thoughts on adding sub(s). Indeed RELs are not inexpensive but I had them and hence mentioned REL. Cheers.

Top Bottom