• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Which part of the World do you live in ?

• Africa

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 142 7.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 982 49.7%
  • North America

Votes: 727 36.8%
  • South America

Votes: 33 1.7%
  • Oceania

Votes: 85 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jas0_0

Forum Donor
IMG_4336.jpeg

Hi from Tottenham, North London. Probably most famous for a certain football club, whose stadium occasionally hosts musical megastars (Beyoncé’s bass was large).

Less known as the home of scientist Luke Howard, ‘Namer of Clouds’. I like that cirrus, stratus, cumulonimbus etc were all dreamt up about five minutes walk from my house.

Joffy1780

Addicted to Fun and Learning
From Washington, England a couple of miles from The Angel of the North. The town's major claim to fame is being the ancestral home of George Washington's family.

Attachments

• IMG_20240123_214715.jpg
    IMG_20240123_214715.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 46

GeorgeWalk

Northwest Florida, U.S.A. - about 40 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. The driveway is about a 1/4 mile long. It is about the same distance to the closest neighbor. The elevation increases about 120 feet from the road to the house. View attachment 344335The image shows about 27 acres. The property includes 240 acres and is surrounded by another 450 acres or so of pine forest.
120' That the top of Mt. Florida?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
:D well El Dia de la Bestia was a underground satanic-comedy of early 2000's with nice dialogues but i though it was more related with Plaza Castilla also in MadridView attachment 344425

image.jpg

That neon still stays there due to the film. And since this is an audio forum, every 90´s kid knows this one:

More interesting audio stuff from that film; take a look at this scene:

The priest is holding some underground Extreme Metal classics: Live Death from Suffocation, Welcome to Hell from Venom, Unbounded Terror (one of the pioneers of Death Metal in Spain, from Baleares...)...

Best part is that it was a real basement from a real shop. The store was Hard Vynil, and the basement was where Drowned Records used to be located (next to Estrella street). Why do I know? Because I bought Black and Death Metal right there when I was younger.

Last edited:

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Hi from Segovia, Spain.... N41W004, rounded.

In Segovia's land, where melodies sway,
Notes dance through time in a rhythmic display.
Composer's haven, where genius takes flight,
Harmony weaves through day and through night.

Great buildings stand, a testament bold,
Whispering stories, centuries old.
People of warmth, with hearts so grand,
In Segovia's embrace, united we stand.

With attention keen, ASR's tested grace,
In every note, each sound we embrace.
A symphony of voices, meticulously accounted,
In Segovia's melody, every test is mounted.

Long live Zero and Zero Red !!!!

:):):):)

View attachment 343671
el-diablo-con-la-ultima.jpg

One of my fave sights from Segovia

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
el-diablo-con-la-ultima.jpg

One of my fave sights from Segovia
If SoCal skateboarders ever saw those "walls", they'd take on the challenge.

All our new public retaining-walls are now adorned with these skateboard deterrents:
202401_SBdeterrents.jpg

Somafunk

Major Contributor

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Pic of the Grand River which runs through Fergus, ON, Canada

1706066027975.png

dr0ss

Somewhere between North America and Oceania (I reluctantly voted for the former). The first one isn't my photo; I'm on the other side, and photos get cluttered by the palm trees:
Diamond_Head_Hawaii_-_panoramio.jpg

(Photo credit https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Diamond_Head_Hawaii_-_panoramio.jpg)

On the other hand,
MissileWarning_cropped.jpg

Through the window of our vacation house, where I'm gradually building a nice 80s vintage system:
IMG_0085.JPG

So nice to see photos from so many places I love, especially Oslo (where I 'enjoyed' the first several months of Covid), Pisa (which I visit frequently, close colleagues at the University), and my home town of Chicago. Oh, and while I lived in Yorkshire, not London, during my years in England, COYS!

Top Bottom