• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Which part of the World do you live in ?

• Africa

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Asia

Votes: 142 7.2%
  • Europe

Votes: 982 49.7%
  • North America

Votes: 727 36.8%
  • South America

Votes: 33 1.7%
  • Oceania

Votes: 85 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Population of Europe: 747 million
Population of North America: 546 million
Population of Oceania: 45.8 million

Respondents so far: 541, 359, 56 respectively. I did not do calculations for Asia, South America, and Africa because of very few votes.

Adjusted per population (ASR members per million population):

Europe: 0.73
North America: 0.99
Oceania: 1.22 <--- we have a winner.
Very scientific, I did initially thought about it as a proportion of population, but then (1) I didn't bother checking the population, my stupidity and laziness (2) I just assume that ASR based out of North America would be less known in Europe.

I guess the internet is really connecting the world!

dasdoing

Major Contributor
It would be nice if people could post iconic pictures of where you are from

bzsmkpuzny4qmimempvci2at2gym

pelourinho.jpg

alivf4dyf4k8z4u1wjnuhf69fyl8

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Almost certainly. I mean can anyone name a single, US, scientific discovery. :p
True, but I thought about a certain population in certain geographic locations of America, who's anti science is so strong, I cringed as it drove me to make that comment :oops:.

But enough, let me stick with audio here.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't think anybody outside of the US cares about where an English-language internet forum is based
I 100% agree, I'm not saying that. I just meant that I would assume the reach would be domestic country first and foremost.

But do you know what happens when one assume? They make a big ass out of u and me.

Another_Moon

A little cold . Konakovo, Russia
Konakovo City Park 01.09.24.jpg

diablo

Forum Donor
I 100% agree, I'm not saying that. I just meant that I would assume the reach would be domestic country first and foremost.

But do you know what happens when one assume? They make a big ass out of u and me.
With the likes of AVS Forum I'd expect it to mainly appeal to Americans, as a fair amount of the speakers and other stuff is actually American and only on sale there. Or that seemed to be the case the last time I visited much.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
With the likes of AVS Forum I'd expect it to mainly appeal to Americans, as a fair amount of the speakers and other stuff is actually American and only on sale there. Or that seemed to be the case the last time I visited much.
Precisely my thoughts. For example, from what I read here, it appears that Revel isn't widely available in Europe and obviously it'd be difficult for European members to send anything into Amir for him to test.

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the geographic make up with ASR members, all I am saying is that I was surprise that North Americans didn't make up the bulk, which leads me on a possible witch hunt as to why. But the only sure thing we can say is that the internet is a beautiful thing.

Svend P

It seems like people are not shy about where they live. Would it be possible for those of you who don't mind to put it in your profile, so it is always shown? It find it helpful so I know who I am talking to in regards to availability of brands and a perceived rudeness might just be down to not being a native English speaker.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A similar accident occurred here in Nashville a year or so ago and it was quite a nuisance, as it was the interstate leading to downtown Nashville. Took awhile to get the truck out and repair the bridge.

Top Bottom