• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

O-Noorus D1 - TPA3255 PFFB Stereo Amplifier - Front Display, Tone Control (with bypass) and Remote

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
i'm seriously questioning whether pffb at this level with most common sensitivitely and load speakers is going to make that much of a difference
Problem is everyone wants PFFB even if it’s needed or not, it’s a great confusion for developers as well.

however i think it'll come to a point where pffb can be added for very little cost so why not have it
Absolutely!!!
If manufacturer isn’t milking on keyword “PFFB” then no reason for not going for it.
If nothing, it will keep the PFFB itching away.

also, we need some testing at the 48v 5a level
Absolutely, and I am going to use 48v 5a or 10a for my tests.
D1 has 63v filter capacitors, and so 48-50v should not be an issue.

surroundman

I have just got the O-Noorus D1 amplifier yesterday, and I am transitioning my setup from Fosi v3 mono (PFFB) to O-Noorus D1 (PFFB) as I am writing this and the first impression is totally positive for me.
Please, test the Sub-out and pre-out if they work properly with the volume control. I will buy one as soon as they release the blue version. This amp, for what it promises, is in my opinion THE best value amp, miles ahead of every Fosi or any other competitor's products.

jooc

Please, test the Sub-out and pre-out if they work properly with the volume control. I will buy one as soon as they release the blue version. This amp, for what it promises, is in my opinion THE best value amp, miles ahead of every Fosi or any other competitor's products.

Has someone measured sinad, etc? I don't see any actual reviews out there yet.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Sure thing, I will post all the details and even can send you some video recordings if you wish.
If there is any specific test as well that you would like to see then let me know, except instrumental measurements.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Has someone measured sinad, etc? I don't see any actual reviews out there yet.
There hasn’t been any such measurements done yet, however it’s been mentioned in the thread that a sample has been sent to Amir.

OP
Guddu

Guddu

YesChickenNuggets

Imagine something like Elac Reference DBR62 with built in multiple-input SU-1 level DAC and PFFB class-D amplification built in, for $700 shipped, or same built-in dac/pffb amp stack in the Sony SSCS5s for $250 shipped. Audiophilia for the masses.

I think integrated products are good, but in practical application they're useless without Strong-DSP to correct room response.

So if we're talking all in one, measurement mic and dsp must be included. For example, most subwoofers regardless of price are useless trash without DSP.

Ewedeking

I'm a newbie. I've owned a BLUE D3 for a couple of months now. Source in is USB +90%. I've used 48v 5a and other psu of lower voltage. No issues except the 48v gets pretty hot and you get plenty of volume with lower voltage and less heat (36v seems ideal). Driving a pair of KEF LS50 (older non-meta) with a JBL sub (A100P). I can't wait to see the review of the D1 and the D3 (hopefully) but I can share that the D3 more than hits the mark for me.

gasolin75

Thanks that's for US, for Sweden I get this:
"Sorry, this item's currently unavailable in your location."

If now one has answered you question

D1 and D3 (only D3 is stock)

gasolin75

Ewedeking

From the back of my D3 it appears they intend to use the same case/part for the D1 D2 and D3

Attachments

• PXL_20240501_140901901.jpg
    PXL_20240501_140901901.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 23

gasolin75

Both D1 and D3 have vents on sides and bottom, please see the pictures I have added.
Daam i totally missed it

Is it enough ?

OP
Guddu

Guddu

Daam i totally missed it

Is it enough ?
I think so, unless pushed massively hard for its caliber.
Metal heatsink is screwed to the bottom of the case, so case itself becomes responsible for cooling the chip.
Vents are there for the rest.

grogi.giant

i'm seriously questioning whether pffb at this level with most common sensitivitely and load speakers is going to make that much of a difference

With most it does not matter much. But with some it is immediately noticeable.

however i think it'll come to a point where pffb can be added for very little cost so why not have it

It always was.

MCH

Major Contributor
Actually, PFFB was initially regarded as a way to reduce cost, as you could achieve the same performance with regular, cheaper components (most specifically output inductors):

See for instance how Aiyima A70 matches and improves noise and distortion of TI TPA3255 evaluation board, that has top notch components and layout. Save of course for the different gain, voltage and maybe measurement methodology.
TI:
1714592704444.png

Aiyima:
1714592887290.png
1714593228271.png

Last edited:

gasolin75

o-noorus question , is the volume reversed or is the picture reversed (mirror image)

2024-05-04 09_40_55-OA36S Dual MA12070x2 – Onoorus Audio – Google Chrome.jpg

Alexander Lin

Forum Donor
If now one has answered you question

D1 and D3 (only D3 is stock)

Top Bottom