• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

Rate this power cord

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 320 95.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 0.9%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 4 1.2%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 9 2.7%

• Total voters

BlackTalon

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
1687298522236.png

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Where did you read about DC being 10% of the public grid and used for "higher power applications and converted at the power station transformer?"
The percentage is a bit of a misnomer HVDC is really really high power application, it connects the power grids of countries :)
So all 3 of them your country may have may very well cary 10% of the grid power in some circumstances . But that to depends .

HVDC is really useful for very long power lines and sea cables .

So any percentage given got to need some qualifications, during what time of the year and day ?

Beave

Major Contributor
Fascinating. So it's mostly used to connect different power system grids where the phase isn't synchronized or where one uses 50Hz and the other uses 60Hz.

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fascinating. So it's mostly used to connect different power system grids where the phase isn't synchronized or where one uses 50Hz and the other uses 60Hz.
That’s one application. But for the combination long distance and very high power it’s also cheaper and has less transmission losses .

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I can definitely see wind farms being connected via HVDC, and same for solar farms like the ones I see in the deserts in California and Arizona.
I bet it's a bugger for ships compasses though. :D

theREALdotnet

Major Contributor

welsh

The reason mattresses are stupidly expensive is that the industry knows that people won’t buy another one for 10-15 years.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I looked at my crystal-ball and it asked me :)oops:) when @amirm will be reviewing a custom audio AC-power supply like a ChargePoint, JuiceBox, or a Blink.
I did not want to tell my crystal-ball to ask a chatBot!

markrubin

How about a review of audiophile cable risers? Perhaps in a blind test against a plastic cup?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
How about a review of audiophile cable risers? Perhaps in a blind test against a plastic cup?
:) Someone needs to send me one....

Top Bottom