• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

[No Politics] What you need to know about CoVID-19 by SARS-CoV-2 [No Politics]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, and with a potentially only partially effective vaccine I think it would be immoral to refuse vaccination and not contribute to herd immunity. To put it more strongly, and as long as there is no scientific evidence for serious potential side effects, such vaccination should be mandatory.

I have a close relative who took a flu shot and his feet went irreversibly numb within 2 weeks. To this day he has trouble walking. Be careful before you make moral judgments.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s not weak; it is non-existent. There are zero reputable peer-reviewed studies that recommend against vaccination, and the concept that some exist is a false equivalence established by a small, but loud anti-vaccination movement. A lot of the confusion is thank’s to Andrew Wakefield’s 1998 study linking MMR vaccine and autism published in the Lancet, which was eventually retracted and proven to be junk-science:
https://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c7452

With that said, I respect the right’s of others to do what they want with their bodies - as long as they don’t directly harm anyone.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is the problem.
Since the bollox on the internet quite a few parents are not having their children vaccinated and harmful illnesses are growing again.
Agreed. Once we have a Covid vaccine, I hope that children attending public schools are required to have it, and that it becomes recommended for babies.

kn0ppers

Once we have a Covid vaccine, I hope that children attending public schools are required to have it...

Yeah, but in the US homeschooling is a real thing and the people who think vaccines are a hoax probably also think public education is overrated. It really is a vicious circle in some ways. If these kids don't figure it out for themselves, they might grow up to be anti-vaxers like their parents. But I am sure the Donald has a fabulous plan. Better than every other plan anyone ever had, obviously.

Veri

Master Contributor
I think I never said the flu was like Covid... just that the flu could kill thousands of people.
I'm 68 and I've never caught the flu and I'm not vaccinated ditto my wife (just asked her to make sure...)
and I won't get vaccinated for Covid 19, I don't want to disturb my body and this is plain truth.
To stay in good health you need to do some things that seem weird/stupid to other people. I'm not telling you to avoid vaccination, you do what you think is best for you.
Right, and by doing what you "think" is best is basically exploiting OTHER people's immunity. You have been not getting that much viruses in your life because of OTHER people getting vaccines. if a significant amount of people acts like you are doing, you would start to get outbreaks. This has happened in the past with basically extinct illnesses that come back. Don't you understand the problem? Yes, you might be fine, but your reasoning is not sound at all...

In any case saying you don't want/like vaccines is bordering on a political statement which is not the point of this thread. At the very least, it is anti-science which is going against this very forum.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Yeah, but in the US homeschooling is a real thing and the people who think vaccines are a hoax probably also think public education is overrated. It really is a vicious circle in some ways. If these kids don't figure it out for themselves, they might grow up to be anti-vaxers like their parents. But I am sure the Donald has a fabulous plan. Better than every other plan anyone ever had, obviously.
Okay, here we go with the politics, again. I've been holding back on this, but since these political comments and innuendo are continuing to persist, my conclusion is that we have here a number of people who are so dripping with hostility and antipathy towards a certain politician, that they just cannot control themselves.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Arguing with anti-vaxers is like trying to tell a pile of shit to not smell.
Getting a bit judgmental there. There are two sides to everything, no matter how crazy you think the other side is.

MarcT

Forum Donor
I have a close relative who took a flu shot and his feet went irreversibly numb within 2 weeks. To this day he has trouble walking. Be careful before you make moral judgments.
I'm no "anti-vaxxer", but I will say this. Last November, having turned 65, I was a candidate for the "senior" flu vaccine, which is a quadravalent vaccine and said to be "stronger" than the standard vaccine. So, I went ahead an took the vaccine.

Well, about three days later, my blood pressure was higher than usual, and I noticed pain in my upper back while walking on the treadmill and inhaling. Yes, I know that sounds like exertional angina, but I don't think it was. The blood pressure normalized after week or so, but the pain while inhaling persisted for months. I also wondered if I had some sort of atypical pneumonia, although I had no coughing or other symptoms of pneumonia whatsoever. The only other possible explanation I could think of was that I perhaps experienced some sort of auto-immune response as a result of the vaccine, and that this affected my lungs. The problem seems to have mostly resolved at this point. This fall, I think I will get the regular flu shot and see what happens.

Willem

Major Contributor
I am not sure what kind of flu shots you get in the US (I had one myself recently while at the IAS in Princeton where they want to keep everyone healthy) but surely your story is too anecdotal. But if you are worried see your physician, and make sure you have a real one.

MarcT

Forum Donor
Of course it's anecdotal. But I have taken the regular flu shot before, and never had any sort of weird things going on afterwards.

maty

Major Contributor

What the European Union sees impact COVID

48,111 excess deceased Spain (INE)
Country plus excess deaths x million 1025
10 times more deaths per million than Germany
4 times deceased x million Portugal
2.5 times more France
37% more Italy

covid-19-exceso-fallecidos-millon-europa.jpg

If the information from other countries is not followed, you can think that the residences (aka nursing homes) are something exclusive to Spain.

These are the figures:
  • Belgium 50% Deceased in residences
  • France 38% Deceased residences
  • England Wales 39% residences
  • Spain 42% residences

Last edited:

onofno

Agreed. Once we have a Covid vaccine, I hope that children attending public schools are required to have it, and that it becomes recommended for babies.

Poor newborns, with their body intact and receiving 11 vaccines in France. (before 2018 only 3)
Do you know who has decided to add 8 vaccines ? Our health Minister in 2018, Mrs Agnès Buzyn.
Who is Agnès Buzyn ? She has worked during 14 years for Big-Pharma and her husband Yves Levy is working in the P4 Laboratory in Whuan, China.

Racheski

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

What the European Union sees impact COVID

48,111 excess deceased Spain (INE)
Country plus excess deaths x million 1025
10 times more deaths per million than Germany
4 times deceased x million Portugal
2.5 times more France
37% more Italy

View attachment 69728

If the information from other countries is not followed, you can think that the residences are something exclusive to Spain.

These are the figures:
  • Belgium 50% Deceased in residences
  • France 38% Deceased residences
  • England Wales 39% residences
  • Spain 42% residences
You may have explained this before, but what do the "residences" numbers refer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom