• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Philharmonic HT Centers are Here!

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
Definitely need to see the dispersion graphs on a center, where I expect the widest possible image is going to be pretty much universally preferred--not just for side seats, but also to avoid a mono point source sound.
If you'll examine the in-room response graph, you'll see that the response at 30 degrees off axis is almost identical to the on-axis.

OP
L

lewdish

Definitely need to see the dispersion graphs on a center, where I expect the widest possible image is going to be pretty much universally preferred--not just for side seats, but also to avoid a mono point source sound.
I'd love to see a BMR Model in the future to match the other BMR products.

tw 2022

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'd love to see a BMR Model in the future to match the other BMR products.
you probably already know this but a bmr monitor placed horizontally with a turned tweeter will perform well...

Dennis Murphy

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
you probably already know this but a bmr monitor placed horizontally with a turned tweeter will perform well..
Thanks. Also, the BMR towers, HT towers, and BMR monitors are voiced identically, so the new monitor will work with any of them if you need the last ounce of dynamic range and off-axis reach.

Martin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm surprised at the choice of tweeter and midrange drivers. Why didn't they use the RAAL tweeter and BMR midrange from the BMR Tower?

Martin

tw 2022

I'm surprised at the choice of tweeter and midrange drivers. Why didn't they use the RAAL tweeter and BMR midrange from the BMR Tower?

Martin
The ht tower has different drivers to maximize power handling and dynamics..

Beave

Major Contributor

Martin

This speaker is designed for higher sensitivity and higher output capabilities often desired for home theater applications.

The RAAL 64-10 doesn't meet the sensitivity or high output capabilities. The BMR driver needs to be doubled up to do so, and that would make the speaker too large (tall).

Left

I just want to add that everything everybody says about Dennis Murphy is true. I had the nicest conversation with him at Capital Audio Fest, making the whole trip worthwhile (well that and discussing Monster's patent claims at the Blue Jeans booth). And I did not even know who I was talking with.

tw 2022

I just want to add that everything everybody says about Dennis Murphy is true. I had the nicest conversation with him at Capital Audio Fest, making the whole trip worthwhile (well that and discussing Monster's patent claims at the Blue Jeans booth). And I did not even know who I was talking with.
that's Dennis....he's a good dude...

alexis

Audio Company
The ht tower has different drivers to maximize power handling and dynamics..
They also, in my personal opinion, looks slim and each driver has its own character. The Natural Walnut Satin finish.
CB9A4441.JPG

OP
L

lewdish

They also, in my personal opinion, looks slim and each driver has its own character. The Natural Walnut Satin finish.
View attachment 329959
I've always wanted to know if if we could get hem w/ a front port instead of a rear port to stick them closer to walls, or if having the rear port is important for its bass characteristics

alexis

Audio Company
Thats awesome I didn't know you can get them w/ a front port! And they went w/ the curved design like the original BMR Tower. Does this mean the internal volume is larger as well?
The volume is the same. This is my personal pair. The cost of "streamline" - only front baffle and bottom are "flat", all other surfaces are streamlined - is much higher than "regular curved" cabinets (on right and left sides). I will make a few pairs for "Philharmonic Audio VIPs."
CHTT4.JPG

Haint

If you'll examine the in-room response graph, you'll see that the response at 30 degrees off axis is almost identical to the on-axis.
Noted Dennis, but I'm more interested in what it's doing at 50, 60, 70+ as my Theater setup is relatively close (~7 feet) and in my experience narrower dispersion centers have an unpleasant mono point source sound to them. Also very interested in the vertical dispersion given centers are typically placed lower, and considering how frequently people tend to recline and unrecline chairs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom