• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

New Emotiva MR1 AVR Released

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
At $2,000, I am not sure I see a reason for this to exist:

If its specs are to be believed, it offers a good amount of power. But it does not support 8K, appears to have only IIR digital room correction, and, let's face it, is probably typically Emotiva buggy.

I paid $1400 for my Denon 4700 before the price increase, and it offers much more in features and likely performance.

Hopefully someone will send one of these to Amir for testing.

techsamurai

Addicted to Fun and Learning
There's an existing post about the MR1 of this here:

$1,400 for the 4700 is a good deal. It's unfortunate that the 4800h is $2,500.

How much do you think this is worth?

Trell

Major Contributor
Given all that I’ve read about Emotiva on several forums I would not buy a complex product like an AVR from them, ever.

theBruce

Given all that I’ve read about Emotiva on several forums I would not buy a complex product like an AVR from them, ever.
I would of considered it if it had HDMI 2.1 , like similar products from Onkyo that came out a year before the MR1 was released.

danstahl

I recently bought a refurbished and upgraded XMC-1 to replace an MC1. While I found the MC1 to be unbelievably buggy the XMC-1 has been rock solid and sounds amazing. At least in some cases Emotiva can get their act together.

Top Bottom