• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need advice: ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 or Dali Oberon 5

delta76

Major Contributor
If you can, wait for the DBR62 to go on sale, they were available a couple days ago for around 280€ for a pair.
The Debut 6.2 are acceptable but not great according to Erin: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/elac_db62/

DBR62: https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/elac_dbr62/
DBR62 is reviewed here as well https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...-debut-reference-dbr-62-speaker-review.12232/
if you prefer amir's style. the thread includes pref score, EQ and other discussions.

Would recommend it for the price of course.

Apesbrain

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Are Yamaha receivers godd in that range? Like Yamaha RX-V4A?
The more expensive V6A was reviewed here:
Denon offers lower priced AVRs in their "S-Series". Most will support a 3.1 system, but some lack a phono section if that matters. Check their website for these and others:

OP
D

DreamC

The more expensive V6A was reviewed here:
Denon offers lower priced AVRs in their "S-Series". Most will support a 3.1 system, but some lack a phono section if that matters. Check their website for these and others:
How do those perform compared to "not that good, but OK for a price" Yamaha that you linked?
And would those be enough to drive, for example, ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2?

3125b

Major Contributor
Anything else?
Whatever you have. If you don't have anything look up some reviews here, there are pretty good chipamps these days, I'm happy with my SMSL but there are tons of options.
And I would like to get those for my table PC setup
For nearfiled use I'd personally always choose coaxials. KEF Q150 might be within your budget when on sale, but they can't fill anything but a very small room. The DBR62 don't struggle too much with that, but of course all small speakers benefit from a subwoofer for bass extension and SPL.
Get an amp with a subwoofer (or line) output.
If you are on PC just apply room correction with REW, you can use any microphone you have to start but be aware that dynamic mics will roll off significantly at both ends of the frequency spectrum and thus some manual tuning of the response will be required.

The DBR62 have about +/- 20° useable vertical angle which is pretty good for a conventional speaker, and midwoofer and tweeter are not spaced too far apart meaning they sum up at reasonably close range. And they don't look too bad in person either (although no real wood veneer of course). They're really decent speakers without major flaws which is something to behold at that price. As an allrounder they are a good chioce and definitely worth the extra money over Debut 6.2 and similar offerings - those too have their place, but for daily use investing a little more is worth it imo.

OP
D

DreamC

Whatever you have. If you don't have anything look up some reviews here, there are pretty good chipamps these days, I'm happy with my SMSL but there are tons of options.

For nearfiled use I'd personally always choose coaxials. KEF Q150 might be within your budget when on sale, but they can't fill anything but a very small room. The DBR62 don't struggle too much with that, but of course all small speakers benefit from a subwoofer for bass extension and SPL.
Get an amp with a subwoofer (or line) output.
If you are on PC just apply room correction with REW, you can use any microphone you have to start but be aware that dynamic mics will roll off significantly at both ends of the frequency spectrum and thus some manual tuning of the response will be required.

The DBR62 have about +/- 20° useable vertical angle which is pretty good for a conventional speaker, and midwoofer and tweeter are not spaced too far apart meaning they sum up at reasonably close range. And they don't look too bad in person either (although no real wood veneer of course). They're really decent speakers without major flaws which is something to behold at that price. As an allrounder they are a good chioce and definitely worth the extra money over Debut 6.2 and similar offerings - those too have their place, but for daily use investing a little more is worth it imo.
Thanks for those notes!
My current setup is quite simple - Topping PA3s with Warfedale Diamond 10.1 (I got these basically for free).

However, the topic is that I am looking for something for a full room and TV experience, thus I was looking for a bigger set.
And currently I think to get the above mentioned ELAC Debut 2.0 F6.2 with a suggested Denon S-series something (seems like https://www.accessories4less.com/ma...home-theater-receivers/1.html?brand_f[]=DENON has a few I can pick).
Would that be a good starting point?

Top Bottom