• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ELAC Debut 2.0 B5.2 Bookshelf Speakers too boomy please test

Penelinfi

I did get some helpful pointers for which I'm grateful and some less helpful suggestion, for example buy a new flat, replace the amp that you just bought and is the best and biggest investment into decent setup so far.

King bed would be just as comfortable inside a walk in wardrobe as it is in on the floor and if you are looking for a comfortable bed try natural lateks.

Is one suppose to not have a mind of his own and just do whatever someone recommended in comments?

Concept of limited space shouldn't be to hard to grasp even if ones garage is as big as my flat and should I be sorry for trying to make the best of what I have?

Anyway for anyone following I'll buy a sub, set sub and speaker filters properly, EQ the frequencies around 125-130 hz and it should be fine, later I'll probably invest in Kef LS50.

Thanks again to everyone that helped even to those that weren't really helping.

If you are facing similar problems this video should help you pinpoint the problematic frequency range, 120 to 130 hz seems to be common range for the boominess I was describing.
A king bed isn't as comfortable inside a wardrobe because a wardrobe is seldom big enough to fit one. I guess another analogy is, you wouldn't use 2x 23 inch monitors with 720p for your work...

I just see many requests for help, and then the person seems to come up with excuses why they "can't" do that, and then they go and do what they were going to do before, anyway.

For what it's worth, a speaker you can aim at your ears, + EQ (adjusting your own filters is key) is basically all you can do given your imposed constraints. Maybe add some absorber on the desk. But I guess that's going to "look ugly and take up what little desk space there is"

OP
Audioordeal

Audioordeal

A king bed isn't as comfortable inside a wardrobe because a wardrobe is seldom big enough to fit one. I guess another analogy is, you wouldn't use 2x 23 inch monitors with 720p for your work...

I just see many requests for help, and then the person seems to come up with excuses why they "can't" do that, and then they go and do what they were going to do before, anyway.

For what it's worth, a speaker you can aim at your ears, + EQ (adjusting your own filters is key) is basically all you can do given your imposed constraints. Maybe add some absorber on the desk. But I guess that's going to "look ugly and take up what little desk space there i
I wouldn't say limited space is an excuse and as I mentioned I got some great pointers and I've pinpointed the "boomines" aroud 125-130 hz and is easily fixed by EQ (tried it already) and was planing to get a sub any way so I'm on the right path. I might even add acoustic panel to the left wall it could look good I'm just not ready to buy tiny PC speakers because bigger is generaly better, turned out to be true based on what I bought and tested so far and also not ready to buy 2000€ worth of acoustic panels, buy a new flat etc.

OP
Audioordeal

Audioordeal

If you can, try sub first, then decide if you need it or not.
You will probably place the sub under the table and again in the corner, so it may happen that you get even more boom.
I was planing to buy a sub anyway so it is my next move, hopefully I won't even need EQ with proper filter or I'll just EQ around 125-130 hz.

You are correct sub will most likely go under the table to the left to double as foot rest and if I encounter any unacceptable problems I'll figure it out somehow.

Not looking for perfection but if there is something nasty happening I do seem to notice.

Thank you for your comment. One step at the time.

Top Bottom