• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Blaspheme

Yep, the nouveau riche’s jank (not junk)… :facepalm: And the sheen in those glass framed rooms is like a scene from a cosmetics commercial trying to peddle (post) modernist ‘ideals’ to show offs and plebs alike.
I'm finding these lustrous images specially because they resonate so well with you.

Meanwhile, Sound|Kaos (who maybe employ Mr Carlsson's interior designer/domestic help) are progressing with their stacked birch ply ripol subwoofer. It's looking quite charming in the rough:

SoundKaos RiPol.jpg

SoundKaos RiPol build.jpg

redshift

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I'm finding these lustrous images specially because they resonate so well with you.

Meanwhile, Sound|Kaos (who maybe employ Mr Carlsson's interior designer/domestic help) are progressing with their stacked birch ply ripol subwoofer. It's looking quite charming in the rough:

View attachment 142353

View attachment 142354

Yeah, I sense some triggering shenanigans which is jolly fun. Yeah, I’m from a quite modest, to say the least, background.

I’ve always thought the artisan ‘flair’ and overall rustic style to resonate with me. The overpriced bourgeoise kitsch is gaudy at best obscene at worst. IMO.

:)

Blaspheme

Yeah, I sense some triggering shenanigans which is jolly fun. Yeah, I’m from a quite modest, to say the least, background.

I’ve always thought the artisan ‘flair’ and overall rustic style to resonate with me. The overpriced bourgeoise kitsch is gaudy at best obscene at worst. IMO.

:)
Speaking of not that, I'm pretty intrigued by the Carlsson stuff you and mononoaware have posted actually.

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Mirsch Black Aros. Looking good to me.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_441.jpg

redshift

Speaking of not that, I'm pretty intrigued by the Carlsson stuff you and mononoaware have posted actually.

You can buy a pair of upgraded OA12’s for peanuts, relatively speaking, if you can find someone willing to ship them outside of Sweden.

I consider the 70’s OA12/14 speakers as well sounding and integrating furniture. It is probably why they sold so well in Sweden. IKEA and all those Nordic traits.

The OA51/61 is more of installation jobbies than the usual floor stander. Which makes them harder to demo in the usual Hifi boutiques.

The upgraded OA52/50’s are more like the usual floorstander except that they should go flush against the front wall. They’d be awesome with that big ass tevee of yours.

The renovation scene was wild a few years back with the new tweeter and midbass drivers for the 70/80/90’s models in search for a new home and acoustic problem to solve. So there is plenty of renovated stuff in circulation by now.

Last edited:

mononoaware

That speaker “philosophy” is called orthoacoustic and assumes the room as a given for a well sounding system.

Thanks for pointing the way, will make for some good reading.

facefirst

Personally, I am firmly in the camp that says hifi - and speakers in particular - should be beautiful. Actually, I'll go further; where possible everything should be beautiful. If I am sharing my main living space with two massive floor standers then they better be stunning or they're not coming in.

So there.

mononoaware

And I assume some kind of “horizontal” CBT line-array function going on in the advanced version below?

Copy paste from wiki:
Horizontal line arrays, by contrast, have a very narrow horizontal output pattern and a tall vertical pattern.

I apologise if this is already referenced in your links, I am currently not sitting at a computer.

And also an evolution. . . although I prefer the simplicity of the model above.

7760ce551399d3294899920530c94aa8--speaker-design-loudspeaker.jpg

Last edited:

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I also like the looks of the Bremen.

Bremen_990.jpg

mononoaware

Here’s my OA14 satori modded with grills on (Right speaker in left position). OA61 onwalls for your reference.
View attachment 142361

And without grills
View attachment 142362

Interesting there are so many variations. I think the image I linked is the OA-2212.

Pushes the boundaries of what a speaker can look like. . .

I find it interesting, in the case of the OA14’s, the effect of not seeing a speaker, and how that changes the perception of what we hear.
(if you invited a guest over who did not know those cabinets were speakers and you put some music on)

Last edited:

redshift

Interesting there are so many variations. I think the image I linked is the OA-2212.

Really pushing the boundaries of what a speaker can look like. . .

Stig was also early with tapered/curved bass reflex ports and rubber/dampened speaker “feet”.

A bit ahead of the times perhaps?

mononoaware

Stig was also early with tapered/curved bass reflex ports and rubber/dampened speaker “feet”.

A bit ahead of the times perhaps?

Yes I need to remind myself this was all conceptualised quite awhile ago.
(The older photos give it away, but you can believe the newer versions as more recent experiments)

oursmagenta

Forum Donor
Last edited:

redshift

Yes I need to remind myself this was all conceptualised quite awhile ago.
(The older photos give it away, but you can believe the newer versions as more recent experiments)

Not really experiments since Stig was meticulous with measuring his prototypes before even bothering listening to them.

ASR/Toole to the tilt with other words. Albeit with a different philosophy where the speaker and room is the system and problem to solve.

(Stig’s lab)
1626773242021.jpeg

Thomas_A

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom