• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Moderation needs work

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightycicadalord

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Just made a post in an imaging test thread from Erin, go back and its gone.

I will be donating to Erin in response to this. Please stop this, you are just creating more divide. Drop the egos for a minute and chill out. Learning about audio is not a competition Amir.

JSmith

Master Contributor
It may have been better to PM @BDWoody or @AdamG247 to discuss your concerns, rather than a public thread? You should have received a notification regarding the reason for post removal.

JSmith

OP
M

mightycicadalord

The person who made the post wasn't even contacted about the deletion, just poof gone.

I feel this needs to be discussed publicly as the mods response to this should be seen by others.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Please try privately first. Both are reasonable guys in my experience.

I saw Erin's thread earlier. Planned on listening to his video later. Is the whole thread gone?

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
He post a video here but then asked people to go elsewhere to comment. That is spam. We are not here to be used for traffic to other places.
I planned on commenting here, as likely many would have. He does have the video on youtube. You have youtube comments on your videos. I don't think he was trying to steal your thunder. I see in his other youtube videos he usually lists a link to the appropriate ASR thread.

OP
M

mightycicadalord

He post a video here but then asked people to go elsewhere to comment. That is spam. We are not here to be used for traffic to other places.

He states in the video "Write in the comments below". He does not state where to leave the comments. This is such a childish and petty take Amir. You know what you're doing here, I like to request you stop being this pettiness.

I would also like people to know that you're being dishonest right now. Seems his post falls under what your moderation deemed appropriate for him to share.

Last edited:

whazzup

Probably useful to have a general policy / code of conduct regarding other reviewers posting on ASR (whether they are monetizing, what's allowed etc) and specified somewhere for all to see. Sure can reduce the back and forth accusations.

OP
M

mightycicadalord

Probably useful to have a general policy / code of conduct regarding other reviewers posting on ASR (whether they are monetizing, what's allowed etc) and specified somewhere for all to see. Sure can reduce the back and forth accusations.

That was already established with Erin and this recent thread deletion goes against what moderation said was appropriate for him to share here. This is why I said Amir is being dishonest.

JSmith

Master Contributor
specified somewhere for all to see
I'm not making a comment as to whether this applies in this specific case, but there are general terms;
You agree to not use the Service to submit or link to any Content which is defamatory, abusive, hateful, threatening, spam or spam-like, likely to offend, contains adult or objectionable content, contains personal information of others, risks copyright infringement, encourages unlawful activity, or otherwise violates any laws. You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct.

We may remove or modify any Content submitted at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice. Requests for Content to be removed or modified will be undertaken only at our discretion. We may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.

JSmith

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Every reviewer acts professionally and ethically here by not spamming our forum/using us for traffic source. There is only one exception and that is Erin. In the past we have warned him to not put teaser reviews here and say "come to my site to read the rest." He has agreed to it yet here we are. I hate to admonish everyone who is using common sense for the sake of one individual.

I am going to close this thread as I have explained the reasoning twice now.

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
He states in the video "Write in the comments below". He does not state where to leave the comments.
He absolutely does. Here is what Erin said after someone post their reaction:

1654840378849.png

As I said, if the discussion is not needed here, it is not to be placed here.

I also post this before deleting the thread:
1654840456328.png

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom