Preorder now for Sept delivery, $599 not incl Dirac ($199 option).
With multiple digital inputs and eight unbalanced analog output channels, the miniDSP Flex Eight can implement active speakers up to stereo four-way. Flexible 2x8 signal routing supports many other configurations such as two-way, three-way and multiple subwoofers. As always, a full suite of miniDSP’s tried and proven audio processing functionality is included: parametric EQ, IIR & FIR filters, crossovers, advanced biquad programming and delay on each output channel.
The Flex Eight has USB audio, S/PDIF (RCA and optical) and Bluetooth (LDAC/aptX) stereo digital inputs. An OLED front panel display and volume control/encoder knob provides easy control. Last but not least, it is easily software-upgradable with Stereo Dirac Live® for full range correction (20~20kHz), the world’s premiere room correction system.
The miniDSP Flex Eight is the perfect solution for a modern compact integrated active speaker/subwoofer system.
- Processor: 32-bit floating-point 400MHz Analog Devices SHARC DSP
- Multi-Core USB Audio processor (XMOS)
- Bluetooth streaming: LDAC™/aptX™ HD/aptX™/AAC/SBC
- Optional upgrade to Dirac Live® 3.x Digital Room Correction, Full Range Room Correction (20~20kHz)
- Audiophile performance with very low noise floor and distortion (SNR @128dB(A), THD+N @ -111dB (0.0003%)
- Inputs: Stereo digital (USB Audio/SPDIF/Optical/Bluetooth)
- Outputs: Unbalanced (RCA)
- White/Black OLED front panel controller with IR control
- Control and configuration by miniDSP Device Console (DC)
It would be nice to have balanced option for up to 4V.2v output… I was seeing this as a potential headunit for a car… why not make it switchable in software for amps that will use more signal and improve snr in the chain as a whole?
Seems that there is some confusing text in minidsp website description that indicates they might be releasing balanced and digital versions as with the previous flex:
I would guess announcements of balanced and digital out versions may come in near future, as that is what they have done with other “flex” units…that’s what they mean by “flex”.
Balanced is no good for normal rca inputs
Use an 8-12 Dirac if you want that… it has everything but the usb in and volume control… but why would you want an analogue in when you have a competent dac at the end of the chain in the flex? You’re just adding more noise over a digital source? Maybe vinyl… but that’s a tiny percentage of users…Lack of ADC / Analog inputs is a bit disappointing.
I can? Which ones?