• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Measurements of the B&W Nautilus

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I find the opportunity to view the review on the Polish magazine on my desktop and translate the page to English using Google Translate. Here is their rating summary in case you haven't tried this already:

Execution

Work of art. In a class of its own. An uncompromising concept of the transducer system and housing, in a form of unusual and immortal aesthetic qualities.
Lab
Good balance with a slight boost to the treble and excellent linearity of the low-midrange. Very low lower limit frequency (-6dB 20Hz).
Sound
Phenomenal consistency, dynamics and detail.

In the form of the Signature 800, and even the cheaper Nautilus 800, a loudspeaker is delivered, both promising an even higher technical and sonic level, and presenting an extremely beautiful appearance.

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

This is their HDI 3600 measurement

1708937761361.png

Compared to the NFS
1708937782185.png

—-
Still, I would liken the Nautilus like a Porsche 959 or Dodge Viper. Modern speakers should measure better, but there will be something satisfying about having an icon that will still probably be a pleasure to listen to.

Top Bottom