• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Posted on Laptop thread also. Learn Linux for not much and help Alzheimer's Research UK. FYI

SlaughterX

So salty I missed the deals on the KEF R series center and bookshelf speakers. I am glad I got the R11s and R8s tho, guess I'll just have to wait some years for the metas to go on clearance.

MacCali

Major Contributor
So salty I missed the deals on the KEF R series center and bookshelf speakers. I am glad I got the R11s and R8s tho, guess I'll just have to wait some years for the metas to go on clearance.
Honestly I got the R7’s none meta bet it would take a whole lot of convincing to make the meta pair be that much better than the 1100 with tax I paid for what were[non meta] and are 4400 or whatever they[meta’s] be selling them at. I would of bought the 11’s but they are kind of too large. This was for the pair, might add

Irony in this is I think I’m about to buy the salon 2’s:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Irony in this is I think I’m about to buy the salon 2’s:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
I would buy the Salon 2's if I had the means and a larger listening space. Instead I will be buying a pair of Performa3 F206's next month.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would buy the Salon 2's if I had the means and a larger listening space. Instead I will be buying a pair of Performa3 F206's next month.
The Perform 3 (standard, not the Be series) are also EOL.

- Rich

Power Pop 23

Forum Donor
Was the acronym 'EOL' in common use before the age of computing ?

IF I am fortunate to get a little notice on my eventual demise, I am thinking of using the acronym EOL to announce it.

Ngower

I bought and had the KEF R3 in my home but due to some expenses that popped up elsewhere I had to return them. I was so pissed.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That's what I meant (the immediate antecedent).
You are aware that the Salon2s and Performa 3 are EOL.
Others may not be aware, so I wanted to make that clear.

- Rich

Last edited:

Ngower

Regarding the Revels, is that coming from a dealer or distributor or what? I've called a few spots asking if they know anything about it (e.g. if I ordered now and price adjusted when a sale hits) and no one has alluded to knowing anything about it.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Regarding the Revels, is that coming from a dealer or distributor or what? I've called a few spots asking if they know anything about it (e.g. if I ordered now and price adjusted when a sale hits) and no one has alluded to knowing anything about it.
REVEL PERFORMA3 END OF LIFE SALE STARTS 2/1/24.

30%-off retail (MAP) for towers, bookshelves, stands, and center speakers.

50%-off retail (MAP) for subwoofers.

There is no replacement planned for the Performa3 series at this time.

M106 in black is already sold out.

C208 in black is nearly gone. None in stock, many on backorder, only a few more coming in May 2024. Slim chance of getting one.

There aren't many of any model or finish in stock and not many more coming.

Feel free to contact me for more information.

Authorized dealer: Harman (Revel, JBL Synthesis, Arcam), Perlisten, ATI, Ascendo,Trinnov, AudioControl, StormAudio, Marantz, JVC, Sony, Stewart, Panamorph
www.thescreeningroomav.com
[email protected]

Ngower

Hm.

Crutchfeld and Music Direct both stated they didn't see anything. I could order and get a price adjustment if needed but would rather just wait a week.

Been tempted by the M105.

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hm.

Crutchfeld and Music Direct both stated they didn't see anything. I could order and get a price adjustment if needed but would rather just wait a week.

Been tempted by the M105.
Or you could contact other resellers like thescreeningroom or SteveH on this and AVSForum.

- Rich

RichB

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I tried calling Revel directly but their phone wasn't taking calls for some reason
Try contacting dealers like thescreeningroom and Steveh via private message.

Deals may be available that are only available privately and not to be posted on forums...

- Rich

MacCali

Major Contributor
The real question is are they worth it, 150 lbs per speaker. Huge price tag. Really debating. I’ve always wanted those speakers and also I know Amir uses them in his reference system.

I could definitely afford them, but looking at the spinorama data makes me hesitant

ed3lva

I've run into that with aoshida-us a few times but never with Hificollege, they test their stuff. I spoke with an Amazon rep and returns for defective don't count against your account negatively, but it's still disappointing. If there's two or three of an item I usually get them all just in case one is a dud. Aoshida tells you to return it, but Hificollege honors their 1 year warranty, so I prefer them always if it's a similar item/price.
I have a C200 coming from the tomorrow so I'm holding my breath to see if it's good. This took 3 weeks from Aoshida in China so it should be one that's checked out.
Thanks. I did ordered another but this time it was a new item. The only available seller in Amazon was Aoshida. Did not see HifiCollege offering it.

Top Bottom