• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

bobster

Sorry to hear dude. I found it while scrolling through slickdeals.net

Does it not work anymore? I expect there will be another sale around x-mas/new year.
Nope, it expired.

Thanks for the info!

(Edit: Actually, I have my eye on the 4800. As posted earlier in this thread, slickdeals had a code for it in October - $1,299 at Adorama.)

Last edited:

RndmLstner

Benchmark Media Systems (AHB2, etc) currently has a 10% off orders over $3798 w/ free shipping promo for Black Friday/Cyber Monday. That being said, this merely reduces the price of many items to what they were regularly priced a year ago (or still slightly more more....AHB2 went from $3000 to $3500). Alas, if you're in the market, it's still savings.

MacCali

Major Contributor
You made valid points. I believe KEF's inventory levels built up, and now they need to sell off. I now hardcore audiophiles aren't interested powered bookshelf speakers. I consider myself to fall into that category. My main system consists of Wharfedale Linton 85's, paired with (2) REL T5x subs.

As for the LS-50 Meta's, which aren't powered, I'm strongly considering buying them for my secondary system in spare room.

I'd like to avoid spending an additional $400-$500 on stands, but the LS-50's sound better mounted on KEFs specifically designed stands in my opinion.
Yes, also remember most of the time the manufacturer was stuck with the bill/inventory. So when it doesn’t move they put sales on, also sometimes I the manufacturer will have overstock and will then offer a lower price for let’s say a dozen ordered which then will make the retailer jump on it to sell for less at equal profits.

There’s a lot of different ways. I know the item was discontinued, but I got two R7 non meta’s for a 1000 brand new basically. One was new and the other was open box, customer return in flawless shape.

boswell

I'm going to pass on this offer. not sure whether its the saving on one or a pair
the savings are attractive. at least 5 cars worth, small holiday shack maybe,
however at $10/week that's 8710 weeks or 167+ years
1701399523204.png

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Harman USA
Revel M8 SP5
5 speaker wall mount set.
$399
Red only
Sub required

1 pair of 2
$179
Sub required
White or Red

spacevector

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How did you find out about the code - was it in an email, or at a third party site or did you simply stumble on it at Adorama?

Bummer: I had a price drop alert on it at Adorama, and I'm also subscribed to this thread. And I got no email notifications from either.
On sale again on Adorama, code is CYBEWEK2 per slickdeals

bobster

amadeuswus

Forum Donor
Schiit is having a "last call" on the Magni+ ($89) and Magni Heretic ($79!) headphone amps, the latter reviewed by amirm.

dr0ss

Martin Logan Forte and Unison:

Discussions of the Paradigm-badged versions here:

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Martin Logan Forte and Unison:
So, $100 gets you a full ARC parametric room EQ box + DTS streamer with calibrated Mic. $150 for the poor and unfortunate man's DTS Wiim Amp substitute with Mic.

Since Wiim's release there is little market for these at normal pricing though the RoomEQ is more sophisticated and includes the measurement part. But, they are a lot of fun if you think fiddling with mediocre but useful ARC/DTS software/hardware is fun like I do.
Note they are not compatible with Wiim LinkPlay or MiniDSP software/systems.

ARC software page. Last Windows update was 01/2023.
I do not think the Mic calibration S/N is likely MiniDSP compatible.

Amir's PW-Amp review, similar to ML Forte. I join dr0ss in recommending you read the reviews and user comments to learn about the experience that awaits you.

Last edited:

HighFutility

So, $100 gets you a full ARC parametric room EQ box + DTS streamer with calibrated Mic. $150 for the poor and unfortunate man's DTS Wiim Amp substitute with Mic.

Since Wiim's release there is little market for these at normal pricing though the RoomEQ is more sophisticated and includes the measurement part. But, they are a lot of fun if you think fiddling with mediocre but useful ARC/DTS software/hardware is fun like I do.
Note they are not compatible with Wiim LinkPlay or MiniDSP software/systems.

ARC software page. Last Windows update was 01/2023.
I do not think the Mic calibration S/N is likely MiniDSP compatible.

Amir's PW-Amp review, similar to ML Forte. I join dr0ss in recommending you read the reviews and user comments to learn about the experience that awaits you.
Looking at ML website. Both units come with ARC? I am using a minidsp with my Denon x3500h for subwoofer duty. The Denon has audessy x32 however I do not like how it eq's the my r5's. Is ARC better vs Audessy?

GGroch

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looking at ML website. Both units come with ARC? I am using a minidsp with my Denon x3500h for subwoofer duty. The Denon has audessy x32 however I do not like how it eq's the my r5's. Is ARC better vs Audessy?
ARC software is similar to Dirac, so I think probably more complex/flexible than most. The problem would be that the Unison is not as flexible, and downsamples most everything. Read the PW-Link comments about limitations.

Top Bottom