• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Smitty2k1

If the Kef spring sale was not enough, looks like there’s a sale on Revel Concerta’s too. F35, F36 and M16 all pretty heavily discounted. Here’s a link to Crutchfield, but I imagine this is elsewhere too:
Dang, I've been eyeing the on-wall S16, but no discount on those.

andrewjohn007

Forum Donor
JBL has their Studio 570s on sale again for $199.00 apiece with free shipping. Regularly $599.00.

I picked up a pair of the 570s about 6 months ago and love them. Of course that didn't stop me from scooping up a pair of 530s. And a pair of 580s. And a pair of 550Ps. Such great deals, you can't afford to not get them...

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

Rick63

For any guitar players looking for a small tube amp: Laney Cub-8 for more than 50% off regular price - today only!

chrome_screenshot_1646315786158.png

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Kachda

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
£119 as I type this.
Damn, that's a good deal - I've only gone and bought another one of those now!
That means I'll now have 3 units of HD560s in total, but I'm not totally happy with the channel balance in the first unit I bought which is the sample I sent to Oratory, so essentially this new unit I bought just now could be my my perfect backup HD560s if it's perfect. It'll be interesting to see how much variance I can see between the three units (audible), and it will be interesting to see if I can tune it as perfectly as I did my second unit of HD560s, which did require some tuning using the Oratory user customisation filters, but ended up with a better result than even the unit sent to Oratory that was using a unit specific EQ from measurements of that unit.

To be clear, I would only buy multiple units of headphones that I love - in case they stop making them (backups).....as I think finding an outstanding model of headphone quite a rarity (soundstage variable along with ability to arrive at "outstanding clarity/& tonality"). I did also end up buying 3 units of K702 as well in total (in the past), as that used to be my favourite, and I've found relatively high unit to unit variance in those, and I wasn't able to tweak all of them to a perfect result using the Oratory customisation filters, I think they were too far off to tune accurately.....however the unit of K702 I sent to Oratory (one from yr 2015 & my first unit) using an EQ based on that unit's measurement is a very good listen and exceedingly close to my best unit of HD560s. I also bought 66% of these units in sales when at their lowest prices on Amazon, but I think this is likely the end of my unit to unit variation adventures.....but I'm not gonna rule out buying the odd single unit of headphones in the future, but I think they will have to be outstanding in their measurements and in their reviews (in relation to soundstage & measured properties).....it'll probably be ages (if at all?!) before my next headphone purchase and it will have to be very very special. Means I've now got 9 units of "audiophile grade headphone" from 5 different models of headphones (HD560s / K702 / HE4XX / NAD HP50 / HD600).

Last edited:

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Damn, that's a good deal - I've only gone and bought another one of those now!
That means I'll now have 3 units of HD560s in total, but I'm not totally happy with the channel balance in the first unit I bought which is the sample I sent to Oratory, so essentially this new unit I bought just now could be my my perfect backup HD560s if it's perfect. It'll be interesting to see how much variance I can see between the three units (audible), and it will be interesting to see if I can tune it as perfectly as I did my second unit of HD560s, which did require some tuning using the Oratory user customisation filters, but ended up with a better result than even the unit sent to Oratory that was using a unit specific EQ from measurements of that unit.

To be clear, I would only buy multiple units of headphones that I love - in case they stop making them (backups).....as I think finding an outstanding model of headphone quite a rarity (soundstage variable along with ability to arrive at "outstanding clarity/& tonality"). I did also end up buying 3 units of K702 as well in total (in the past), as that used to be my favourite, and I've found relatively high unit to unit variance in those, and I wasn't able to tweak all of them to a perfect result using the Oratory customisation filters, I think they were too far off to tune accurately.....however the unit of K702 I sent to Oratory (one from yr 2015 & my first unit) using an EQ based on that unit's measurement is a very good listen and exceedingly close to my best unit of HD560s. I also bought 75% of these units in sales when at their lowest prices on Amazon, but I think this is likely the end of my unit to unit variation adventures.....but I'm not gonna rule out buying the odd single unit of headphones in the future, but I think they will have to be outstanding in their measurements and in their reviews (in relation to soundstage & measured properties).....it'll probably be ages (if at all?!) before my next headphone purchase and it will have to be very very special. Means I've now got 9 units of "audiophile grade headphone" from 5 different models of headphones (HD560s / K702 / HE4XX / NAD HP50 / HD600).
I almost went for a pair....but I really really really dont need another pair of anything.

Unless someone wants to sell me a Stealth/Utopia/Susvara or some Stax for pennies on the dollar.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I almost went for a pair....but I really really really dont need another pair of anything.

Unless someone wants to sell me a Stealth/Utopia/Susvara or some Stax for pennies on the dollar.
Yes, I can see your sig! It depends how you feel about "soundstage" headphones, they're quite a unique headphone in that variable, whilst also being low distortion and generally smooth EQ'able frequency response. Possible that unit to unit variation might not be quite as hot as say Dan Clarke Stealth, lol....perhaps not quite as hot on that as the upper Sennheiser lines either (eg HD800s / HD600)....but it's very hard to really get a handle on unit to unit variation for any given headphone model, the data is not really out there in a totally reliable / statistically retrievable form. The HD560s is not as wide/expansive in soundstage as the K702, but the imaging is better in the HD560s - more accurate placing & smoother panning of sound effects. For "panning of sound effects" I'm talking about stuff like for instance on this one Massive Attack track there is a sound effect that circles in an arc smoothly around your whole head (not just left to right), and I noticed that with my HD560s it's the least lumpy in it's tracking of that effect, a smooth graduation. That property is also evident in a Live AC/DC track when Angus is running across the stage from left to right & back again whilst playing a guitar intro to a song. I would call that imaging, and the HD560s does that the best for me, even though the K702 is wider. But both headphones to me are unique in their combination of soundstage & imaging properties. You have the HD800 though if I remember rightly, and not many people think the HD800(s) can be surpassed in the soundstage variable, but I've not listened to it. You might already be there with that headphone otherwise HD560s is a fine choice and worth a go.......(also lower distortion in the bass than HD800 and many other headphones).

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I can see your sig! It depends how you feel about "soundstage" headphones, they're quite a unique headphone in that variable, whilst also being low distortion and generally smooth EQ'able frequency response. Possible that unit to unit variation might not be quite as hot as say Dan Clarke Stealth, lol....perhaps not quite as hot on that as the upper Sennheiser lines either (eg HD800s / HD600)....but it's very hard to really get a handle on unit to unit variation for any given headphone model, the data is not really out there in a totally reliable / statistically retrievable form. The HD560s is not as wide/expansive in soundstage as the K702, but the imaging is better in the HD560s - more accurate placing & smoother panning of sound effects. For "panning of sound effects" I'm talking about stuff like for instance on this one Massive Attack track there is a sound effect that circles in an arc smoothly around your whole head (not just left to right), and I noticed that with my HD560s it's the least lumpy in it's tracking of that effect, a smooth graduation. That property is also evident in a Live AC/DC track when Angus is running across the stage from left to right & back again whilst playing a guitar intro to a song. I would call that imaging, and the HD560s does that the best for me, even though the K702 is wider. But both headphones to me are unique in their combination of soundstage & imaging properties. You have the HD800 though if I remember rightly, and not many people think the HD800(s) can be surpassed in the soundstage variable, but I've not listened to it. You might already be there with that headphone.
Pretty much as you say. I have now covered most of the obvious angles. Open/ closed/ planar/ dynamic (including the HD800, as you say) so I'm not sure what the 560S would bring to the table. I'm sure its a good headphone and if I didnt have a good imaging/ staging set already I would definitely go for them as they are cracking value.

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
No such luck. It's back up to $180 on Amazon.
Good news is it's still £119 in the UK. How much longer I don't know, I'm not expecting it to stay there for long as it's by far the lowest price I've see on these headphones! (HD560s)

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I mean I hope that will be the new ongoing price for this headphone, as that would be an amazing deal for anybody that buys them in the future, but I doubt it, I can't see it staying there long.

Last edited:

Steve Dallas

Major Contributor
Crutchfield has deep discounts on Revel Concerta2 speakers at the moment:

1646435355229.png

1646435394697.png

Top Bottom