• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

hmscott

Addicted to Fun and Learning
10% discount, $359.10 (New), MSRP $399 - $39.90 savings...Lowest I've seen it, I paid $369.
Amazon.com: XDUOO TA-20 High Performance Balanced Tube Headphone Amplifier Power Amplifier Black : Electronics

Update: Received an email from Xduoo advertising a larger sale of 10% off All(?) of their products:
"All 10% off, no coupon required; Promotion time : August 23 to August 27; Don't miss the best deal in the mid of the year. All orders will be shipped out within 24 hours. Faster shipping and 1 year warranty." Link provided in email: Find Out More
xDuoo TA-20 Balanced Tube Amp-xDuoo Official Store

10% off on all Xduoo products on Amazon too - Amazon.com : xDuoo

Update: I received an APOS Certified (refurbished) 15% Off Sale email notice, and their Refurbished Xduoo TA-20 is also listed as $359.10...
https://apos.audio/collections/apos-certified/products/apos-certified-xduoo-ta-20-tube-amp
https://apos.audio/collections/apos-certified?is=aposguest&_kx=TzZVfDM4WB79OFGQC2xG084n8Ud2jkteRu2pNHmKslI=.Ldk8SW

Last edited:

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
10% discount, $359.10 (New), MSRP $399 - $39.90 savings...Lowest I've seen it, I paid $369.
Amazon.com: XDUOO TA-20 High Performance Balanced Tube Headphone Amplifier Power Amplifier Black : Electronics ....
I own 2 of XDUOO's (NanoD3, X20) portable media players. Both have been reliable and feature packed, especially the X20. I have stuffed three 256GB microSD cards with most of my music library... and that X20 can go from lo-fi all the way to DSD128 w/outputs of analog (SE or +/-) coaxial, usb, and even BT; using the TI-Opa1612 rather than ESS9018K2m DAC chip.

pseudoid

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I have been noticing a trait in online shopping that is not much fun: It seems like most every brand (most all electronics) has some sort of contract to prevent under bidding other online sellers (=lo-balling the competitors).
I have been noticing that 'comparison shopping' does not lead me to bargains much.
No matter what site I go to (amazon, ebay, crutchfield, bestbuy, etc); they all have the same exact price for same hardware.
And now that aliexpress and foreign sites are being forced to charge sales tax (kinda like a VAT) for the US buyers, they have are no bargains either.
Of course, there is always those 'brand loyalty' discounts you can sometimes squeeze out, which come in handy.
Crutchfiled has such a program, like the amazon-prime but w/o paying for it.
eBay still seems like they are giving free S/H on most products... also w/o paying for it.
(I hope this post is NOT out of context)

muslhead

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
To get rights to sell a product line (especially those with pricing power) most mfgs will require the dealer to sign an Agreement wrt msrp advertising/ pricing. There are ways around it but if caught, the dealer can be blacklisted and lose their rights to sell that product line. This has been going on for years. Some mfgs actually audit dealers sales and others are too small they have to trust the dealer to follow the Agreement. The mfg can also do things like minimize the # of dealers such that competition within an area (except in high density demand areas) that are "authorized" is kept to a minimum.

Like everything that has to do with money, people find ways to get around it. It can only occur with those dealers who are willing to take the risk (of losing authorized dealer status). As such, and because that number is small, they are hard to find (especially online when your pricing can easily be tracked by a mfg). Its much easier to find dealers willing to discount if you are meet them person at their shop or if there is an established relationship where the dealer knows you arent a mfg rep. Clearly there is no risk to the mfg as they get a guaranteed amount regardless of what the dealer sells them for (other than the potential negative perception if that is created if the product is highly discounted).

RichT

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
From out of the blue, my Qobuz Studio Premier service got reduced to $12.99 per month from I think $14.99.
Great-I paid for a year up front to get a discount...oh well.

More Dynamics Please

Addicted to Fun and Learning
JBL currently has the Studio 570 small tower on sale for $200 or just a third of its usual $600 msrp. Of all the Studio 5 series the 570 goes on sale the least often. ASR's positive review of the Studio 530 makes the 570 an intriguing option at this insanely low price.

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
JBL currently has the Studio 570 small tower on sale for $200 or just a third of its usual $600 msrp. Of all the Studio 5 series the 570 goes on sale the least often. ASR's positive review of the Studio 530 makes the 570 an intriguing option at this insanely low price.
I have no real use for these, yet I'm strongly tempted to buy them anyway. That probably reveals a character flaw of some sort.

Erici

Forum Donor
Hello thanks for the tip. I bought a couple of the Infinity R12's for $169.95 with free shipping, fantastic! They sound great

Glad the post was helpful Rich.
I bought the R12 on a earlier sale and it works well for me too. 12 inch woofer, 300 watts RMS, and designed by part of the Harmon family. What's not to like at $170!

ta240

Major Contributor
sheesh, that price is crazy.; $170 would barely cover a plate amp.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
For Canadians:

Amazon Canada has price dropped Apple’s AirPods Max wireless headphones, slashing the ‘Sky Blue’ colour down by 27%, to $571.35 CAD, saving you $207.65 off its regular price of $779.

This is the lowest price we’ve seen to date.

Top Bottom