• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Glad the post was helpful Rich.
I bought the R12 on a earlier sale and it works well for me too. 12 inch woofer, 300 watts RMS, and designed by part of the Harmon family. What's not to like at $170!
I don't really need to either but for that price I had to, right? I'll find a use for it.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Klipsch 5.1 + Sub 869.99 @ Adorama.
Similar to the Costco package, which goes on sale for 799, but does not include the sub. With sub + 5.1 on sale it’s 950.

These are not huge speakers. Don’t get confused with the higher line up.

https://www.adorama.com/kpr625fabb.html

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hello thanks for the tip. I bought a couple of the Infinity R12's for $169.95 with free shipping, fantastic! They sound great
I ordered mine Friday and it was delivered late yesterday. Noticed if came from a warehouse in Kentucky, which is near me. It's way bigger and heavier than I expected. Sounds good but have to re-run room correction again. 20210904_201032.jpg20210904_201105.jpg

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Would like to see this tested.
@hardisj
As would I but it's pretty heavy-it was only $12 to ship to me but that's only appx 200 miles. To ship to Amir, if there was a Harman warehouse neaby might be doable if the owner lived on the West coast.

Acerun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

MacCali

Major Contributor
I ordered mine Friday and it was delivered late yesterday. Noticed if came from a warehouse in Kentucky, which is near me. It's way bigger and heavier than I expected. Sounds good but have to re-run room correction again. View attachment 151559View attachment 151560
I bought mine last year for the same price. It’s not a bad sub and my room is definitely overloaded with energy. It’s a 10x16 room. I don’t like it at full power, but at just the right amount of bass it’s decent. Unfortunately I can hardly use it my neighbors snap.

I tried the Polk cheap one, I don’t remember the model. The klipsch rs12 or whatever. And it was definitely better than both of those. Those produced really boomy bass. Only better sub was the Rel, but that’s 3 times the price I believe.

So it’s a good price and performance. At 500 though I’d shoot myself

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just noticed the shipping was free-they deducted the shipping cost for some good reason.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just re-ran Audyssey and OH MY-John Wick 3 sound better than ever. Very powerful sub. The AVR wanted to cross the sub at 40 Hz. Isn't that a bit low? I have F208's as fronts. I changed it to 80.

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rottmannash

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Kind of but try it and see.
Is this the only sub you’re using?
Maybe start a new thread with details. :cool:
Yes. I have another but don't have room for it.

raistlin65

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just re-ran Audyssey and OH MY-John Wick 3 sound better than ever. Very powerful sub. The AVR wanted to cross the sub at 40 Hz. Isn't that a bit low? I have F208's as fronts. I changed it to 80.

Audyssey is not actually recommending that crossover point. Up to the user to choose.

What it means is that Audyssey will not EQ the speakers below that point. Audyssey is basing it on the roll off of the speakers, as you don't want to be boosting the speakers with EQ below where they start dropping off in response.

So if the AVR comes back 80 hz, such as with some bookshelf speakers, and you set your speakers to 40hz crossover with the sub, the room correction won't be functioning on the speakers below 80hz.

Top Bottom