• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Loxjie D40 Pro DAC & HP Amp Review

Rate this DAC & HP Amp

• 1. Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 8 3.2%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 37 14.9%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 200 80.3%

• Total voters

staticV3

Master Contributor
Wait but based on the graphs Amir posts, don’t most DACS get the best SINAD at around their full volume output usually?
Correct. Same is true for the volume control inside Linux and programs. Highest SNR is always at max output.

Jim_VN

I'm using a d40 pro with an xlr out port via a topping l30 ii, is the headphone amp of the d40 pro with a balanced port better than plugging headphones into the l30ii?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'm using a d40 pro with an xlr out port via a topping l30 ii, is the headphone amp of the d40 pro with a balanced port better than plugging headphones into the l30ii?
Unless the L30II doesn't get loud enough, no.
Though it's not any worse either in case you'd like to downsize your setup.

Jim_VN

Unless the L30II doesn't get loud enough, no.
Though it's not any worse either in case you'd like to downsize your setup.
I didn't know that the headphone amp was integrated like that, so where can I see its specifications? I need a little information to compare with the l30ii and then make the decision to sell the l30ii to buy quality balanced cables.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I didn't know that the headphone amp was integrated like that, so where can I see its specifications? I need a little information to compare with the l30ii and then make the decision to sell the l30ii to buy quality balanced cables.
Rather than specifications, you can simply look at Amir's review on page one for measurements of the D40 Pro's built-in headphone Amp.

amx30s

Thanks for the info. I have to say that my own experience differs from yours (that's not to say it is exhaustive or definitive). But I have used all versions of USB since they were invented and I have encountered any of the issues you mentioned. The only problem I've ever seen is if I mistakenly connected a device that required USB 3.0 using USB 2.0. I did try a single cable from a USB 2.0 port on the front panel of my computer, with no luck. And none of these are what I would consider a long run. None of these are longer than four feet.

I also note that the update app says "Disconnect" (sic) in the lower left corner, in red, right from the outset and that never changes. Furthermore, the Exit menu command doesn't work. I have to click the X on the upper right of the UI to close it. So, I have to wonder if this whole problem is a software issue.
Download and install,you may fix the problem.
Solution comes from Loxjie technical personnel in china Aliexpress.:)

Jimster480

Major Contributor
It looks like I missed this review when I came out. This thing is a total monster. I mean for such a low price it's literally like state-of-the-art in every way. You could just buy this and buy nothing else ever.

ejr

Download and install,you may fix the problem.
Solution comes from Loxjie technical personnel in china Aliexpress.:)
Thanks so much for this. A simple, easy update -- what it should have been in the first place.

Does anyone know how this update compares to the latest release of the D40? I remember reading a review that said it had a setting that would improve dialog when used with a TV.

This interests me because I use my mine for this purpose as well as listening to the music I write and record on one of my computers. (I am using the optical output from the TV and a USB output from the computer.)

ejr

Found this video:

The reviewer says that the new model (D40 PRO) adds a mode to listen without any filter, and that makes dialog easier to hear on streaming video.

After updating my D40 (non-pro), I see that it does NOT include a way to disable filters (filter setting zero), as I had hoped.

Top Bottom